Frank Turek, apologist

Where Christians can talk among themselves, and about those Godless atheists.

Frank Turek, apologist

Postby Og3 » Wed Jan 06, 2016 12:58 am

I hadn't heard of this guy until the other night, as I was surfing around, but he presents a very interesting defense of the faith.

[youtube]eoCDgNZHFOE[/youtube]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eoCDgNZHFOE
Og3

Affiliation: Baptist (SBC)

Re: Frank Turek, apologist

Postby Aaron » Wed Jan 06, 2016 1:53 am

I think he made some good points. His book "I Don't Have Enough Faith To Be An Atheist" was actually discussed on the podcast here a while back. I worry though, as I've learned from Moonwood and others, that Christians can get lost or fooled by arguments for God so that we begin to think that our faith depends on arguments and not on the Holy Spirit.
"I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else" - C.S. Lewis
Aaron

Affiliation: Christian

Postby Og3 » Wed Jan 06, 2016 4:02 am

Aaron wrote:I think he made some good points. His book "I Don't Have Enough Faith To Be An Atheist" was actually discussed on the podcast here a while back. I worry though, as I've learned from Moonwood and others, that Christians can get lost or fooled by arguments for God so that we begin to think that our faith depends on arguments and not on the Holy Spirit.

True; our faith is not based on argument, but on the revelation of the Holy Spirit in our lives.

I do believe, however, that God gave us reason, and that reason belongs to God; Reasoning, then, is an act of worship if done correctly.
Og3

Postby Rian » Sun Jan 17, 2016 7:37 pm

And God has created us all with our own unique characteristics, so I think we can have different valid reasons for our faith.
"Aurë entuluva! Auta i lómë!" ("Day shall come again! The night is passing!") -- from JRR Tolkien's The Silmarillion

Christianity is the red pill - go for it! Seek the truth, wherever it leads you.
Rian

Affiliation: Christian/truth-seeker

Postby Og3 » Mon Jan 18, 2016 1:59 am

Rian wrote:And God has created us all with our own unique characteristics, so I think we can have different valid reasons for our faith.

I will agree.

"The eye cannot say to the hand ... "
Og3

Return to Christians