Intention and Declaration....

Where Christians can talk among themselves, and about those Godless atheists.

Intention and Declaration....

Postby Stacie Cook » Tue Feb 09, 2016 8:36 am

We are told over and over in Matthew that if we ask it will be given. What is it specifically about asking God for something that declares our intention? What is the level of verbal intent required to be considered 'asking'? If we ask without verbal declaration, to what extent is our request heard or when does it count as being asked? I presume it is all about our intentions and ultimately how our hearts/souls respond. I'm just curious what you all think? Of course, what is to be said of people who cannot physically speak? Again, I assume God knows their intentions and hearts desires and has special circumstances for those individuals. God knows us. He knows our hearts and desires. It seems like there is some merit to physically speaking and declaring something we believe, such as 'Jesus is the Son of God' or physically speaking a prayer out loud. Does it imply an even deeper intention if it is something we declare with our voice? Just thinking 'out loud' so to speak.....
If you want to meet God... then the cross is the place to which you go. - Alistair Begg
Stacie Cook

Affiliation: Hypocritical Christian

Re: Intention and Declaration....

Postby mitchellmckain » Tue Feb 09, 2016 1:13 pm

I think it is about responsibility. God has no intention of living our lives for us. Therefore He expects us to do what we can. Then and only then can we leave God to do the rest. There are no guarantees of course. But if we do not do what we can then we might as well be dead.
Out of Skull for the Stars My first book is now available on Amazon.com
mitchellmckain

Affiliation: Christian

Return to Christians