Prayer request...

Where Christians can talk among themselves, and about those Godless atheists.

Re: Prayer request...

Postby Aaron » Tue Apr 05, 2016 6:32 pm

Stacie Cook wrote:Hey Friends- I have an update.
Sooo..... yeah, we are moving. But I have come to terms with it and I am good with it. Last Thursday we visited the area we will be moving to. The kids are completely fine with moving (which surprised me a little), so I figure I don't have much reason to not want to move. I am so sad to leave this house. It has so many 'firsts' for us, but I know we will have many more 'firsts' in our new place and it will be a bit of an adventure learning about our new city and decorating our new place.
I just don't know how we are going to downsize all of our stuff from an 8yr, 4 bed, 3 car garage, 2100sq ft plus a basement home into a smaller 3 bed, 2 car garage, probably no basement home. I know we will, just trying to figure out what to keep, sell, donate, trash, etc.
All in good time.....

Thank you so much for the prayers!

Lol, my parents downsized two years ago and they didn't really seem to get rid of very much, just kind of moved in a rush and stuffed it all away. The problem I've experienced with moving is you never seem to have enough time to sort through things and really get rid of stuff, it always seems to be a rush.
"I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else" - C.S. Lewis
Aaron

Affiliation: Christian

Postby Stacie Cook » Wed Apr 06, 2016 10:30 am

Oh, homey don't play dat. I can't stand things in boxes.... unless things are specifically supposed to be in boxes.

A place for everything and everything in its place.

But then again, I have never moved with kids before so...... :D
If you want to meet God... then the cross is the place to which you go. - Alistair Begg
Stacie Cook

Affiliation: Hypocritical Christian

Postby searchengineguy » Thu Apr 07, 2016 3:09 am

Rian wrote:Hey guys, I would appreciate your prayers. After battling ovarian cancer, including a ovarian-cancer-fighting-style hysterectomy (a lovely 12"-plus scar on my stomach) followed by the "butt-kicking" (as the nurses called it) chemo (because the easier chemo gave me neuropathy) I have been cancer-free for a year and 3 months. However, with this latest 3-month check-up, my CA-125 number doubled (although it's still below the limit), so they want me to go from checking every 3 months to checking every month. So I'm getting re-tested next week.

I wasn't very scared with the first diagnosis, because they found it very early and the success rate was in the 90's, and most of the time I was too exhausted to be scared, but I'm battling being scared this time around because I've been thru a very rough chemo and typically if you get a return, they hit you up with something even rougher. I really don't know how I would even survive a rougher chemo, because the one I went through sent me to the ER quite a few times. So please pray that my number goes back down and I stay cancer-free, and that I will successfully battle the fear. Thanks!

Hi Rian,
I have never ventured to comment in here before, as I respect your space. I think this post of yours was different than most, and that's why I am commenting. I'm sincerely hoping that your number goes back down and you stay cancer-free. Lovely people like yourself deserve the best that life can offer.
Frisbeetarianism: is the belief that when you die, your soul goes up on the roof and gets stuck.
- George Carlin.
searchengineguy

Affiliation: Strict Atheist

Postby Rian » Tue Apr 12, 2016 8:42 pm

No problem SEG, and thanks! (and thanks everyone else, too!) I've never seen anyone mind a post in the "opposite" forum if it's accidental, or a post like yours.

Anyway, great news - my number went back down to where it was before!!! Yay!!!! Thank you, God! (although I'm good with wherever you want to take me). They are keeping me on a month-to-month blood test watch, but I've graduated to an in-office visit every 6 months (instead of every 3 months).

Stacie, I'll try to get back to you soon with some of my thoughts - give me a little poke if I forget. My oldest son flew back home today - we actually managed to get his nose surgery done!!! I'm so glad. I had a total me-day today - stayed in my jammies until about 4 pm and am now binge-watching junk tv. We've had 4 surgeries in 4 months in the family - whew!
"Aurë entuluva! Auta i lómë!" ("Day shall come again! The night is passing!") -- from JRR Tolkien's The Silmarillion

Christianity is the red pill - go for it! Seek the truth, wherever it leads you.
Rian

Affiliation: Christian/truth-seeker

Postby searchengineguy » Tue Apr 12, 2016 11:29 pm

Rian wrote:No problem SEG, and thanks! (and thanks everyone else, too!) I've never seen anyone mind a post in the "opposite" forum if it's accidental, or a post like yours.

Anyway, great news - my number went back down to where it was before!!! Yay!!!! Thank you, God! (although I'm good with wherever you want to take me). They are keeping me on a month-to-month blood test watch, but I've graduated to an in-office visit every 6 months (instead of every 3 months).

Stacie, I'll try to get back to you soon with some of my thoughts - give me a little poke if I forget. My oldest son flew back home today - we actually managed to get his nose surgery done!!! I'm so glad. I had a total me-day today - stayed in my jammies until about 4 pm and am now binge-watching junk tv. We've had 4 surgeries in 4 months in the family - whew!

Woo hoo! Great news! :D
Frisbeetarianism: is the belief that when you die, your soul goes up on the roof and gets stuck.
- George Carlin.
searchengineguy

Affiliation: Strict Atheist

Postby Stacie Cook » Wed Apr 13, 2016 6:13 am

Rian, so happy for you! Praise God!
If you want to meet God... then the cross is the place to which you go. - Alistair Begg
Stacie Cook

Postby Clare » Tue Apr 26, 2016 7:51 pm

Stacie Cook wrote:Hey Friends- I have an update.
Sooo..... yeah, we are moving. But I have come to terms with it and I am good with it. Last Thursday we visited the area we will be moving to. The kids are completely fine with moving (which surprised me a little), so I figure I don't have much reason to not want to move. I am so sad to leave this house. It has so many 'firsts' for us, but I know we will have many more 'firsts' in our new place and it will be a bit of an adventure learning about our new city and decorating our new place.
I just don't know how we are going to downsize all of our stuff from an 8yr, 4 bed, 3 car garage, 2100sq ft plus a basement home into a smaller 3 bed, 2 car garage, probably no basement home. I know we will, just trying to figure out what to keep, sell, donate, trash, etc.
All in good time.....

Thank you so much for the prayers!

I'll continue to keep you and your family in my prayers especially with you all starting this new chapter of your lives. How's the moving process been going?
Clare

Affiliation: Catholic

Postby Stacie Cook » Wed Apr 27, 2016 7:53 am

Thanks for asking. Right now we are in limbo. Last week we were ready to wait a year. After looking at our budget, it was super tight and it seemed the best thing was going to be to wait a year before moving. This week hubby is rethinking things and possibly still wants to move yet this summer. I don't know what is going on.....
Stacie Cook

Postby Clare » Wed Apr 27, 2016 3:10 pm

With the tight budget at the present time why does he think it would be possible to move so soon?
Clare

Postby Stacie Cook » Sat Jul 23, 2016 8:20 pm

Hey guys- Life has been a bit busier the last couple months, but I wanted to give an update on my original prayer request.
Originally we were thinking of moving, but I was dead set against it.
As you know, you can't fight against God. Well, you can, but not a good idea....
God had a talk with me and things are good now ;)
We *are* moving. We just put our house up for sale yesterday and already had a showing this morning. We have been to the area we will be moving to a couple times now to look at houses. Haven't found one yet, but we are going again soon.
We are also going to be homeschooling this year. Can you imagine?? Never thought I'd be doing that in my lifetime, hehe. Never say that you will never do something. Then you will end up doing it, lol.
Due to our transitioning right now, we think homeschooling will be the most consistent option.
So, we have been busy since school was out in May doing summer stuff and now looking at houses and starting to pack up all of our stuff. All 8yrs and 3000sqft of our stuff. All of it. And somehow fit it into a semi trailer. :shock:
That is probably giving me the most anxiety right now. And also trying to keep the house 'show ready' condition with 4 kids who like to touch every single wall and door that they walk past....
Life is definitely not boring here at House of Cook, which is why I haven't been on here lately.
Thank you so much for all the prayers. Truly appreciate it. ❤️
Stacie Cook

Postby Clare » Sat Jul 23, 2016 8:44 pm

Stacie Cook wrote:Hey guys- Life has been a bit busier the last couple months, but I wanted to give an update on my original prayer request.
As you know, you can't fight against God. Well, you can, but not a good idea....
We *are* moving. We just put our house up for sale yesterday and already had a showing this morning. We have been to the area we will be moving to a couple times now to look at houses. Haven't found one yet, but we are going again soon.
We are also going to be homeschooling this year. Can you imagine?? Never thought I'd be doing that in my lifetime, hehe. Never say that you will never do something. Then you will end up doing it, lol.
Due to our transitioning right now, we think homeschooling will be the most consistent option.
So, we have been busy since school was out in May doing summer stuff and now looking at houses and starting to pack up all of our stuff. All 8yrs and 3000sqft of our stuff. All of it. And somehow fit it into a semi trailer. :shock:
That is probably giving me the most anxiety right now. And also trying to keep the house 'show ready' condition with 4 kids who like to touch every single wall and door that they walk past....
Life is definitely not boring here at House of Cook, which is why I haven't been on here lately.

Thanks for the update! I remember when I was younger, Mom and Dad were getting a house of ours ready for inspection and to sell, while managing me and my two siblings at the time. Not an easy job, especially when Dad would be away for days at a time on the railroad. How it usually always falls on the Mother haha. Mom ended up homeschooling me and my three siblings and we loved it! It certainly brought us four closer, and as a family in general, while also allowing each of us to learn at our own necessary pace. The main complaint we got about homeschooling from others was the lack of socializing. But, we found outside activities for socializing and made many friends through that and even just through neighbors. Plus, with the way school systems are now and the shootings, it's also a lot more safer.
Clare

Postby Clare » Sat Jul 23, 2016 8:44 pm

Stacie Cook wrote:Hey guys- Life has been a bit busier the last couple months, but I wanted to give an update on my original prayer request.

Thanks for the update! I remember when I was younger, Mom and Dad were getting a house of ours ready for inspection and to sell, while managing me and just my two siblings at the time. Not an easy job, especially when Dad would be away for days at a time on the railroad. How it usually always falls on the Mother haha. Mom ended up homeschooling me and my three siblings and we loved it! It certainly brought us four closer, and as a family in general, while also allowing each of us to learn at our own necessary pace. The main complaint we got about homeschooling from others was the lack of socializing. But, we found outside activities for socializing and made many friends through that and even just through neighbors. Plus, with the way school systems are now and the shootings, it's also a lot safer. I'll be praying for your move and I hope you find homeschooling as rewarding as me and my family did! :]
Clare

Postby Stacie Cook » Sat Jul 23, 2016 9:22 pm

Yeah, I am definitely not worried about the socializing. There are so many different groups and ways to socialize. My biggest worry is if I will do well enough in teaching them. But there are so many resources and curriculums that if things aren't going well, we can change it up a bit.
Stacie Cook

Postby Clare » Sat Jul 23, 2016 9:39 pm

Stacie Cook wrote:Yeah, I am definitely not worried about the socializing. There are so many different groups and ways to socialize.

Exactly. We never understood why other people would hear of our homeschooling and act like we would never speak to or befriend another living soul again.

Stacie Cook wrote:My biggest worry is if I will do well enough in teaching them. But there are so many resources and curriculums that if things aren't going well, we can change it up a bit.

Right.
Clare

Postby Stacie Cook » Tue Oct 18, 2016 11:01 am

Hey guys! Logging in to give an update- We moved! We listed our late July. Sold it and bought a house and moved a couple hrs north in mid September. We have been here a month. We are in our 3rd week of homeschooling. We are homeschooling since we got moved later in the school season. Also to save on money. Things are going well. Just thought I'd check in and say Hi. Things look about the same around here ;). Same discussions, different days :p
Stacie Cook

PreviousNext

Return to Christians