Christmas & Easter Church-goers...

Where Christians can talk among themselves, and about those Godless atheists.

Christmas & Easter Church-goers...

Postby Stacie Cook » Sun Mar 27, 2016 12:55 pm

I am curious to know if you all have any thoughts on why some people attend church on just Christmas and Easter? This phenomenon has always had me curious. We attend a small church and don't really have visitors specifically on C&E. What do you think?
If you want to meet God... then the cross is the place to which you go. - Alistair Begg
Stacie Cook

Affiliation: Hypocritical Christian

Re: Christmas & Easter Church-goers...

Postby mitchellmckain » Mon Mar 28, 2016 5:10 pm

Aside from my one experience as a child of getting roaring drunk (yep and that includes me and my sister who went around finishing of other people's drinks) and going over to the catholic church across the street on a lark, I haven't had much knowledge of this. Remember that my parents were not believers but extreme liberals (my father was actually an atheist communist activist at the time).

However... from my situation now I can venture a guess... People not finding a group they feel comfortable with and possibly not even being able to stomach the self-righteous brigade sitting on top of the local church on a weekly basis, might still gather their courage and tolerance to brave such a den of hypocrisy and legalism on special occasions.

LOL
Out of Skull for the Stars My first book is now available on Amazon.com
mitchellmckain

Affiliation: Christian

Re: Christmas & Easter Church-goers...

Postby Stacie Cook » Mon Mar 28, 2016 6:31 pm

Yeah, that's a good point. And it is easier to slip in mostly un-noticed when you know it is going to be busy. Which seems to be why bigger churches have more visitors than smaller ones.
If you want to meet God... then the cross is the place to which you go. - Alistair Begg
Stacie Cook

Affiliation: Hypocritical Christian

Return to Christians