ScottBarger wrote:Redpower wrote: And by the way, are you going to let Scott get away with not believing in any of the Christian tenants but still having the nerve to call himself a Christian? I mean, at least ask him to define Christian. Since he ignores my posts, can you ask him for me?
Um...OK. I don't read every thread so it's possible I missed your questions. So I searched your posts, and I still didn't find any questions about my beliefs. Here's a list of some of the stuff I believe without reservation:
- Jesus existed
- He was killed, buried, and resurrected.
- We ought to practice self sacrifice in all areas of our life, especially when it comes to the well being of other people.
- Substitutionary Atonement
- The greatest moral command is to love God and Love people.
- Those who follow Jesus ought to embrace his teaching.
I could go on, but surely this incomplete list qualifies me to claim the title "Christian"
What I was getting at was the difficult questions you can't answer and the fact that you acknowledge the fact that there are a lot of issues you "struggle" with. I guess I'd like to know what evidence it would take for you to believe Christianity isn't actually correct. Is there any amount of evidence that would cause you to leave your religion?