Hope You're Happy Now...

Callers to action, creators of Superpacs, and championers of causes great and small unite! Air all your political thoughts here. Whitened teeth, dyed hair, and spray-on tans not required but preferred.

Re: Hope You're Happy Now...

Postby mitchellmckain » Tue Jan 20, 2015 9:08 pm

Chapabel wrote:What, is Mitch you lap dog that you have to come to his defense?

LOL
We are at each others throats 99% of the time.

And then someone like you comes along and all our difference fade by comparison. Countries around the world have a lot of bitter history between them and then when a maniac like Hitler comes along they all join forces because none of their differences compares to lunacy represented by that guy.

Chapabel wrote: Since you are not a Christian, your views of how a Christian should act are completely irrelevant.

No not any more. He was. He was raised by Christians just like you. Then he realize what a monster this type of chrisitanity was trying to turn him into and he decided to stop being a craven worm bitch of your godfather and to stand up for what is right. Knowing where he comes from I can understand why he sees christianity as a great evil in the world. Your mafia extortion racket is a great evil in world. I just don't equate that with Christianity the way that you and KTR do.
Out of Skull for the Stars My first book is now available on Amazon.com
User avatar
mitchellmckain
Senior member
Senior member
 
Posts: 10316
Joined: Sat Jul 18, 2009 1:32 am
Location: Salt Lake City
Affiliation: Christian

Re: Hope You're Happy Now...

Postby mitchellmckain » Tue Jan 20, 2015 9:21 pm

gordsd wrote:As long as you listen to sites like forbes.com and pratiotupdate.com you are going to have views like you do.

There is no doubt that Forbes is a conservative voice. You can say that it is biased in the sense that its interests are conservative interests. But I have been doing some research and I don't think it is twisting the facts and indulging in rhetoric and propaganda the way that some publications are doing. In other words, perhaps you should add the word "only" in what you say. There is warrant in saying that Forbes is not going to give you the whole picture but you can say that of most publications.

For example consider the following article in Forbes.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/adamhartung/2014/09/05/obama-outperforms-reagan-on-jobs-growth-and-investing/

Now does that sound like something an arm of the conservative coalition would write?

By the way, I am not a fan or a subscriber of Forbes. I just decided to look at these articles and reviews of the magazine and come to my own conclusion.
Out of Skull for the Stars My first book is now available on Amazon.com
User avatar
mitchellmckain
Senior member
Senior member
 
Posts: 10316
Joined: Sat Jul 18, 2009 1:32 am
Location: Salt Lake City
Affiliation: Christian

Re: Hope You're Happy Now...

Postby Particles » Tue Jan 20, 2015 9:45 pm

Chapabel wrote:Well the Democrat led government of Obama, Reid and Pelosi have brought America to its lowest point in history. Their liberal, anti-God positions have caused America to become the laughing stock of world leaders. Thank God congress is now controlled by Republicans and hopefully by His grace we will have a Republican president in 2016!


Your credibility was shot at "lowest point in history." Get real.
Particles
Senior member
Senior member
 
Posts: 2093
Joined: Tue Nov 12, 2013 8:47 pm
Location: USA
Affiliation: Gnostic atheist

Re: Hope You're Happy Now...

Postby Razor » Wed Jan 21, 2015 12:39 am

Keep The Reason wrote:
Razor wrote:there IS some stuff on foreign policy I guess, but I don't think it's really compatible with the current political landscape.


Really? It looks like ISIS and the Taliban are taking their entire combat strategy straight out of Exodus and Joshua.


True and wildly disturbing.
Razor
Senior member
Senior member
 
Posts: 1265
Joined: Tue Jul 16, 2013 9:42 am

Re: Hope You're Happy Now...

Postby Chapabel » Wed Jan 21, 2015 8:54 am

Keep The Reason wrote:
but since you feel the need to quote scripture to me why not give me your interpretation of John 3:18?


I could do that. Or, I could run long heated needles into my eyes.

Let me save you a lot of trouble by telling you what I think k of the bible. The bible is nothing but stories, some based on some vague historical events, some completely made up, all of it a struggle for primitive superstitious technologically illiterate humans to make sense the best they could regarding a mysterious world they found themselves in, none of it remotely true in the sense that it illustrates anything that actually happens in the real world. As the literature of an immature species, it's fascinating, but as reality its literally absurd, exactly like the stories of Thor, and Hercules, etc would be considered absurd if people believed they were actually true.

Well, I'll tell you what. If you don't want to discuss Biblical passages then don't quote scripture at me. I am more that happy to engage in Biblical doctrine and beliefs, but if all you want to do is throw a verse at me than run back behind mama's skirt, I don't have time for that.
To be right with God has often meant to be in trouble with men. -- A.W. Tozer
User avatar
Chapabel
Senior member
Senior member
 
Posts: 1575
Joined: Sat Jan 17, 2015 7:11 am
Location: Tennessee
Affiliation: Baptist

Re: Hope You're Happy Now...

Postby Keep The Reason » Wed Jan 21, 2015 11:14 am

Chapabel wrote:Well, I'll tell you what. If you don't want to discuss Biblical passages then don't quote scripture at me.


I'll tell you what instead. How about you go fuck yourself every time you get it in your head to tell me what to do or how to do it?

I am more that happy to engage in Biblical doctrine and beliefs, but if all you want to do is throw a verse at me than run back behind mama's skirt, I don't have time for that.


Gee, now what am I to do? I am so worried about how you allocate your time. Let me see... how can I assist you?

Oh, I know. How about this: I don't give two shits about what you have or don't have time for and if you don't like it you can go fuck off.

See how helpful I am to you? Now I've given you two (maybe even three!) suggestions that will make things all that much easier for you! You should thank me, and soon. After all, I'm not likely to be here all that long since I'm sure I'm about to be I'm banned based on your reporting of me.
To cut some folks off at the pass, I don't advocate for violence, oppression, genocide, war, hatred or intolerance. Instead, I advocate for education, organization, activism, and the democratic process. ~~ KtR
User avatar
Keep The Reason
Senior member
Senior member
 
Posts: 10416
Joined: Wed May 11, 2011 4:50 pm
Affiliation: Reasonist

Re: Hope You're Happy Now...

Postby Chapabel » Wed Jan 21, 2015 11:21 am

Wow, I think you need a hug Reason. What's wrong, mama didn't give you enough attention? Yeah, you're impressive with all that foul language. Big man aren't you. Oh well, since you have nothing of value to offer I suppose you give the best you have. Poor thing.
To be right with God has often meant to be in trouble with men. -- A.W. Tozer
User avatar
Chapabel
Senior member
Senior member
 
Posts: 1575
Joined: Sat Jan 17, 2015 7:11 am
Location: Tennessee
Affiliation: Baptist

Re: Hope You're Happy Now...

Postby Keep The Reason » Wed Jan 21, 2015 1:01 pm

Chapabel wrote:Wow, I think you need a hug Reason. What's wrong, mama didn't give you enough attention? Yeah, you're impressive with all that foul language. Big man aren't you. Oh well, since you have nothing of value to offer I suppose you give the best you have. Poor thing.


It just gets better 'n' better, lol. :lmbo:
To cut some folks off at the pass, I don't advocate for violence, oppression, genocide, war, hatred or intolerance. Instead, I advocate for education, organization, activism, and the democratic process. ~~ KtR
User avatar
Keep The Reason
Senior member
Senior member
 
Posts: 10416
Joined: Wed May 11, 2011 4:50 pm
Affiliation: Reasonist

Re: Hope You're Happy Now...

Postby Chapabel » Fri Jan 23, 2015 8:11 am

With the situation in the Middle East rapidly deteriorating, Obama refuses to meet with Israeli prime minister Benjamin Netanyahu. Yet, he does meet with Youtube sensation GloZell Green. Some woman flopping around in a bathtub full of milk and Fruit Loops is so much more important than meeting with the leader of America's strongest ally in the Middle East. Yep, another high point for Obama's administration, huh? Idiot! For those of you who voted for him, I hope you're happy now...
To be right with God has often meant to be in trouble with men. -- A.W. Tozer
User avatar
Chapabel
Senior member
Senior member
 
Posts: 1575
Joined: Sat Jan 17, 2015 7:11 am
Location: Tennessee
Affiliation: Baptist

Re: Hope You're Happy Now...

Postby Keep The Reason » Fri Jan 23, 2015 8:50 am

Wait a minute. Let's be honest about the reason why. The Israeli elections for prime minister take place 2 weeks after Netanyahu's visit, which was prompted by John Boehner. The standing tradition for the US during such elections is to NOT meet with any candidates to avoid the perception of the US playing favorites with a foreign democracy, which makes absolute sense:

Link

"As a matter of long-standing practice and principle, we do not see heads of state or candidates in close proximity to their elections, so as to avoid the appearance of influencing a democratic election in a foreign country," National Security Council spokeswoman Bernadette Meehan said in a statement. "Accordingly, the President will not be meeting with Prime Minister Netanyahu because of the proximity to the Israeli election, which is just two weeks after his planned address to the U.S. Congress."


So what this really is, is a purely political maneuver on the part of Republicans to set up a scenario where anything Obama does is suspect. The Republican congress committed a massively stupid breach of protocol and are overtly interfering with another countries democratic election by inviting Netanyahu here - - it gives this particular candidate an unfair advantage over his opponents, and this puts the president into a (mild) no win situation. If he meets with the guy, the elections in Israel are unbalanced and it's interference, which will give the opposition party years of attack material to the enemies of Netanyahu. If he doesn't meet with him, yahoo Tea Party sheep like you call him out for it.

By far it's the better choice to not meet with him, and risk being called idiot by people like you who don't bother to read the full story but survive only on right wing talking points. Obama doesn't need to worry about you people so much any more, and Obama is making the correct choice to avoid playing into a cheap political trick and remain neutral on a foreign countries election, which is both ethically and morally right. So I am happy that the president cares more about ethics and less about how he looks to Tea Party imbeciles who play obvious political hackery tricks.

You should be far more concerned with the amateurs you guys elected to Congress... but I'll bet you're not.

The conservative Wall Street Journal reports the same background story as well.

WSJ link
To cut some folks off at the pass, I don't advocate for violence, oppression, genocide, war, hatred or intolerance. Instead, I advocate for education, organization, activism, and the democratic process. ~~ KtR
User avatar
Keep The Reason
Senior member
Senior member
 
Posts: 10416
Joined: Wed May 11, 2011 4:50 pm
Affiliation: Reasonist

Re: Hope You're Happy Now...

Postby Simplyme » Fri Jan 23, 2015 9:07 am

The reason Chapabel does not see it is because .......

Having eyes, see he not? and having ears, hear he not? and do he not remember?

:smt043

See what I did there?
I find it rather amusing, when thought of as ignorant or stupid(though I can be on many subjects). Especially by those who believe in a deity up in heaven watching our every move, and rewarding or punishing us after we have expired.
Simplyme
Senior member
Senior member
 
Posts: 5958
Joined: Tue Feb 15, 2011 7:11 am

Re: Hope You're Happy Now...

Postby Chapabel » Fri Jan 23, 2015 9:09 am

No, Obama flatly does not like Netanyahu. He has made that abundantly clear. Regardless of who wins the election, the threat posed by Iran will still exist and who better to convey that message than Netanyahu. I doubt the Israelis care one way or another what Obama thinks of Bibi. They all know he leans more towards the Palestinians anyway. Besides that, when has Obama followed proper protocol in the past?

Funny, you fail to address his summit with the green lipped lady. What kind of signal does this send to the rest of the world? This is just another example of the clowns he has surrounded himself with during the last 6 years. Holder, Hillary, Van Jones and GloZell Green. Yep, good counsel there.
To be right with God has often meant to be in trouble with men. -- A.W. Tozer
User avatar
Chapabel
Senior member
Senior member
 
Posts: 1575
Joined: Sat Jan 17, 2015 7:11 am
Location: Tennessee
Affiliation: Baptist

Re: Hope You're Happy Now...

Postby Simplyme » Fri Jan 23, 2015 10:01 am

He has made that abundantly clear.


You mean as clear as your god makes it for us to believe in him?

Your definition of clear is rather comical.
I find it rather amusing, when thought of as ignorant or stupid(though I can be on many subjects). Especially by those who believe in a deity up in heaven watching our every move, and rewarding or punishing us after we have expired.
Simplyme
Senior member
Senior member
 
Posts: 5958
Joined: Tue Feb 15, 2011 7:11 am

Re: Hope You're Happy Now...

Postby Chapabel » Fri Jan 23, 2015 10:08 am

To be right with God has often meant to be in trouble with men. -- A.W. Tozer
User avatar
Chapabel
Senior member
Senior member
 
Posts: 1575
Joined: Sat Jan 17, 2015 7:11 am
Location: Tennessee
Affiliation: Baptist

Re: Hope You're Happy Now...

Postby Simplyme » Fri Jan 23, 2015 10:12 am



Hold on a second while I go to those links........................................
I find it rather amusing, when thought of as ignorant or stupid(though I can be on many subjects). Especially by those who believe in a deity up in heaven watching our every move, and rewarding or punishing us after we have expired.
Simplyme
Senior member
Senior member
 
Posts: 5958
Joined: Tue Feb 15, 2011 7:11 am

PreviousNext

Return to Politics

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest