The Running of the Loons...

Callers to action, creators of Superpacs, and championers of causes great and small unite! Air all your political thoughts here. Whitened teeth, dyed hair, and spray-on tans not required but preferred.

Re: The Running of the Loons...

Postby spongebob » Tue Aug 30, 2016 5:40 am

His followers must be the most gullible people in the world. I should have cashing in on something like this myself. I could play a profit.
Man is a credulous animal, and must believe something; in the absence of good grounds for belief, he will be satisfied with bad ones.
~Bertrand Russell

:spongeb:
spongebob

Affiliation: Humanist - Bright

Postby Simplyme » Tue Aug 30, 2016 7:17 am

You need a certain type of heart to do it, or lack of. I do not believe you would be able to get away with it Sponge.
I find it rather amusing, when thought of as ignorant or stupid(though I can be on many subjects). Especially by those who believe in a deity up in heaven watching our every move, and rewarding or punishing us after we have expired.
Simplyme

Postby spongebob » Tue Aug 30, 2016 7:39 am

Simplyme wrote:You need a certain type of heart to do it, or lack of. I do not believe you would be able to get away with it Sponge.

Yeah, I know, but it's sure fun to speculate. L. Ron Hubbard was a genius if you ask me. I suspect that after a while, taking money from gullible people might get easier because you could even tell them that you are a farce and often they won't believe you. Anybody remember Bryan?

"I'm not the messiah!"

"Only the true messiah denies his divinity!"

"What? OK, then, I am the messiah!"

"He is, he is the messiah!" *bowing*

or something like that.

Man is a credulous animal, and must believe something; in the absence of good grounds for belief, he will be satisfied with bad ones.
~Bertrand Russell

:spongeb:
spongebob

Affiliation: Humanist - Bright

Postby Simplyme » Tue Aug 30, 2016 8:06 am

I do though wonder sometimes if they start out being shysters and eventually end up believing there own bull?

And what is scarier....they believing there own bull or they intentionally being shysters?
I find it rather amusing, when thought of as ignorant or stupid(though I can be on many subjects). Especially by those who believe in a deity up in heaven watching our every move, and rewarding or punishing us after we have expired.
Simplyme

Previous

Return to Politics