The Running of the Loons...

Callers to action, creators of Superpacs, and championers of causes great and small unite! Air all your political thoughts here. Whitened teeth, dyed hair, and spray-on tans not required but preferred.

The Running of the Loons...

Postby One16Unashamed » Sun Apr 19, 2015 5:27 pm

Here are the ground rules, taken word for word from your previous post.

1. The statement has to be reflective of consistent views either by that person, or representative of at least a significant number of people.
(Example 1: David Barton consistently makes claims about American history that are untrue and almost no one -- particularly historians -- agrees with him. He even got a book pulled by his publisher over it.)
(Example 2: Allen's "mandatory church" comment is not a singular view even if it's the first time she may have said it publicly. She is verbalizing a fairly wide-spread belief by many religious people, even if not a majority of them.)

2. The view has to go against any demonstrable fact. Demonstrable facts trump empty, unproven or unprovable assertions.
(Example: "If we don't stop such and such, god will strike us down dead!" There is nothing to demonstrate such a claim made has ever been the case.)

3. The person can be shown to be consistently in error but also consistently keeps making the same claim.
(Example: "I tell you folks, so and so will never leave office, you just watch!" (This has been said of both Bush and Obama, so both sides make the claim).)

4. When we can, let's agree that http://www.politifact.com can be an arbiter. They tend to take the comments made regardless of side, and reference where it comes from and why it's wrong. While it doesn't always define "loon", it does help clarify truths from falsehoods (See http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/ for examples)

5. I'll accept this comment: "One last thing, are we going back to great statements like "Yeah, my fear is that the whole island will become so overly populated that it will tip over and capsize."-Sen. Johnson(D)" as a crazy comment primarily because everything I can find about it indicates that it's unclear what he meant. Personally, I can see what he meant was figurative, but I also figure I can toss you this one (and one-offs like it) because all I have to do is point out that a guy like Johnson has this one comment, whereas bring up a whackaloon like Ann Coulter literally buries him in an ocean of crazy. Johnson may have said something insane, or he may have meant it figuratively because-- how many people actually believe you can flip over an island physically? But even if he believes it can be done... I'd rather that one-off loon statement versus a dozen bestseller books, countless TV appearances, and public comments made by someone like Ann Coulter, who very firmly represents your right wing loon side in spades.

Now that is out of the way let me ask one last question, or ground rule that I believe should be added. Outright Lies, if it's an outright lie does that count? Personally I know that the majority if not all politicians are liars however lying isn't exactly lunacy or extremist. But I do believe that outright lies need to be exposed and so I feel this needs to be added into the rules of what needs to be posted.

So let me begin with a person who is,honestly the only one on your side that seems to be treading into the 2016 waters, none other then the one the only Hillary Rodham Clinton. Cause I don't want to "put yall back in chains" with Joe "America", because that's just too easy. Biden is a joke and how he became VP is beyond comprehension. You might not view him as a loon, but he is.

Anywho...

Hillary the loon is on a mission to dupe the American people into voting for her, personally why anyone would even consider voting for her is unbelievable.

So lets take a look at Hillary's lunacy:

"You have no reason to remember, but we came out of the White House not only dead broke, but in debt," Clinton said. "We had no money when we got there, and we struggled to piece together the resources for mortgages for houses, for Chelsea's education. It was not easy. Bill has worked really hard. And it's been amazing to me. He's worked very hard."

Her claim that her and Bill where dead broke after leaving the White House :roll: is pathetically, well pathetic. That's absolutely lunacy but more importantly it's offensive to those in America that are dead broke or living in poverty. It just shows how out of touch she is with reality. Isn't it ironic that Conservatives and Republicans are the ones that are greedy only out to line their pockets.

Also the Gov. of Virgina Terry McAuliffe is defending Mrs. Clinton's claim that she was dead broke.

"I don't want to spend too much time going back to the late '90s and 2000, but I was with them, I was a personal friend, I've been friends with them since 1980," McAuliffe, a close Clinton ally who chaired her 2008 presidential campaign, said during an interview on "Meet the Press."

"I cannot tell you the distress in that family at that time, with all the issues, all the legal fees, banks refusing to even give them a mortgage. So listen, people go through tough financial times," he said.
Taken from: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/04/19/terry-mcauliffe-hillary-c_n_7095386.html

What's even more interesting is in this article as you read (and you can find more from Politifact)on you find a very staggering figure on a loan the Clinton's were finally able to secure. So here is the actual quote from Politifact which is pretty amazing:

In 1999, they bought a five-bedroom home in Chappaqua, N.Y., for $1.7 million. In December 2000, just as they were leaving the White House, they bought a seven-bedroom house near Embassy Row in Washington, D.C. The price was $2.85 million.

and

A few weeks before they left the White House, the Clintons were able to muster a cash down payment of $855,000 and secure a $1.995 million mortgage. This hardly fits the common meaning of "dead broke."

Dead Broke! :roll: But hey, what difference does it make? I mean how many American's would consider $855,000 cash on hand to mean that they where "dead broke"?

LOL Dead Broke!
"In God you come up against something which is in every respect immeasurably superior to yourself. Unless you know God as that-and, therefore, know yourself as nothing in comparison-you do not know God." -C.S. Lewis, Mere Christianity
One16Unashamed
veteran
veteran

Affiliation: Christian

Re: The Running of the Loons...

Postby One16Unashamed » Mon Apr 20, 2015 5:33 am

“The notion that we would condition Iran not getting nuclear weapons in a verifiable deal on Iran recognizing Israel is really akin to saying that we won’t sign a deal unless the nature of the Iranian regime completely transforms,” he said in an interview with NPR.

“And that is, I think, a fundamental misjudgment,” he added. “I want to return to this point: We want Iran not to have nuclear weapons precisely because we can’t bank on the nature of the regime changing. That’s exactly why we don't want to have nuclear weapons. If suddenly Iran transformed itself to Germany or Sweden or France then there would be a different set of conversations about their nuclear infrastructure.”

http://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/patrick-goodenough/obama-expecting-iran-recognize-israel-part-nuke-deal-misjudgment

Army Day in Iran was marked by signs and calls for "death to Israel and death to America". So glad Obama got this deal, ahem I mean this "framework" to get his deal that would so desperately make his Foreign policy be of any significance in his Presidency. Good job Barry.

It only makes since to shun your Allies and welcome your enemies in a region where American lives are at stake. The Iranians will never change until Israel and America bow to Islam, its the old Lefty saying :

"In God you come up against something which is in every respect immeasurably superior to yourself. Unless you know God as that-and, therefore, know yourself as nothing in comparison-you do not know God." -C.S. Lewis, Mere Christianity
One16Unashamed
veteran
veteran

Affiliation: Christian

Postby Keep The Reason » Tue Apr 21, 2015 9:52 am

Ok, thanks for kicking it off. Though-- I'm finding this one kind of funny since you actually think this is "loonland" worthy. Ok, if you think so... Which reminds me, maybe others can chime in with a 1-5 rating of what is not really looney vs. what is downright batshit crazy. 1 = Not loony 5 = Michelle Bachman.

One16Unashamed wrote:Now that is out of the way let me ask one last question, or ground rule that I believe should be added. Outright Lies, if it's an outright lie does that count? Personally I know that the majority if not all politicians are liars however lying isn't exactly lunacy or extremist. But I do believe that outright lies need to be exposed and so I feel this needs to be added into the rules of what needs to be posted.

Of course lying counts. Anyone who would lie INTO lunacy is at their core, looney. But gaffes? Like Al Gore saying one time that thing about stripes and spots? Okaaaay-- let's use them as well. You use Gore's bumbling comment. You use it with my deepest gratitude. In return...I'll match you with GEORGE BUSH, lol (you're dead-- murdered, slaughtered on that one... I look forward to it!)

You'll be trapped in one offs in my opinion. Like this one with Hillary, yes she was wrong about her actual financial status, but it's not actually loony -- when her privileged status response was pointed out, she noted it was a mistake to say it and being privileged in status is not really loony -- it's narcissistic, but not batshit. However, I can easily match it if not beat it.

For my standards, it will generally be that I'll select people who consistently say and do things in a PATTERN which dictates their degree of looniness. A one off? Not loony in my opinion. A ongoing position with doubling down when caught? Looney.

You are free to adopt whatever standards you want for what account for your loons, and we can let the readers decide.

Now as to Joe Biden-- if you think he's a looney, then why you wouldn't use him is beyond me. If "too easy" is keeping you from your litany of left-meaning loons, I'd say you're in for more than the drubbing I predict will happen anyway. Go for the easy ones too, you're going to need them, because ALL of my loons will be "easy" -- they stand out like like the moon against a cloudless black sky.

So -- finances seems to be the tone of your first contender. Let's stick with that for a moment?

Glenn Beck's Apocalypse Survival Kits.

Glenn Beck makes a lot of money and he does it by selling batshit crazy dire warnings of doom and gloom. He does it constantly, mostly in "prediction" format:

Let's look at our first scenario," Beck began. "It's the financial meltdown. The year is 2014. All the U.S. banks have been nationalized. Unemployment is about between 12 percent and 20 percent. Dow is trading at 2,800. The real estate market has collapsed. Government and unions control most of the business, and America's credit rating has been downgraded."

Never happened of course. Just the opposite. But hey, when you shill for gold marketers and survival kits, the more terror you create in people the more they buy and the fatter your purse becomes. And this is no one-off. It's constant and has gone back to his days as the Fox News Crying Wunderkind.

Oh, and now Sean Hannity is on board with "surviving the appy pokky lisp":

ean Hannity Becomes Newest Spokesman for Emergency Preparedness Through FoodInsurance.com

-Two-Week Food Kits Aid Survival in Emergencies -
June 29, 2010 06:30 AM Eastern Daylight Time

SALT LAKE CITY--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Talk show host Sean Hannity is encouraging his listeners to be prepared for emergencies and natural disasters as the newest spokesperson for emergency food kit provider FoodInsurance.com (www.foodinsurance.com).

“I feel it is critical for Americans to be ready for whatever life might throw their way and having an emergency supply of food on hand is a great way to start”

“I feel it is critical for Americans to be ready for whatever life might throw their way and having an emergency supply of food on hand is a great way to start,” said Hannity. “If you have to leave your home or office quickly in an emergency, grabbing a backpack full of food and a clean water source as you exit could just save your life if you can’t go home again.”

FoodInsurance.com, which is also endorsed by Glenn Beck, provides two-week emergency food kits in high quality backpacks designed to sustain an average adult with clean water and three, mainly freeze-dried, meals per day until they can find solutions that are more permanent.

Because we all know, 2 weeks of freeze dried meatloaf and peas = surviving the Rapture. (Apparently Beck and Hannity are fairly convinced their audience members are not worthy to be raptured and will be suffering through the apocalypse).

Ann Romney time. Looney? Only the looniness of people of privilege and wealth who consider struggling living off a stock investment and borrowing a few hundred grand from one's rich Pappy. Does that include Hillary? Not so much since her and Billy came up in poverty so... not much on their leaning on the parents. Anyway --Annie:

Ann Romney Tuesday: "We got married and moved into a basement apartment. We walked to class together, shared the housekeeping, and ate a lot of pasta and tuna fish."

Ann Romney in 1994: When Mitt Romney was running for Senate in 1994, his wife gave a candid interview with Jack Thomas of The Boston Globe, published October 20, 1994. She told Thomas that after their Hawaii honeymoon, Mitt transferred to Brigham Young University. Back then, she still thought of that time as tough. But she wasn't as good at describing it, suggesting that it was rough living off stock options:

"They were not easy years. You have to understand, I was raised in a lovely neighborhood, as was Mitt, and at BYU, we moved into a $62-a-month basement apartment with a cement floor and lived there two years as students with no income... Neither one of us had a job, because Mitt had enough of an investment from stock that we could sell off a little at a time."

Ann Romney 2012: "Mitt will be the first to tell you that he is the most fortunate man in the world. He had two loving parents who gave him strong values and taught him the value of work. He had the chance to get the education his father never had. But as his partner on this amazing journey, I can tell you Mitt Romney was not handed success."

Ann Romney 1994: "Remember, we'd been paying $ 62 a month rent, but here, rents were $ 400, and for a dump. This is when we took the now-famous loan that Mitt talks about from his father and bought a $42,000 home in Belmont, and you know? The mortgage payment was less than rent. Mitt saw that the Boston market was behind Chicago, LA and New York. We stayed there seven years and sold it for $90,000, so we not only stayed for free, we made money. As I said, Mitt's very bright.

"Another son came along 18 months later, although we waited four years to have the third, because Mitt was still in school and we had no income except the stock we were chipping away at. We were living on the edge, not entertaining. No, I did not work. Mitt thought it was important for me to stay home with the children, and I was delighted."

I could go on but let's just say that the Romneys are literally the picture of what most Americans have to struggle with to go to college and send a child through college. Stock investments, loans, and networking from a rich parent. Of cours eit is.

Oh, and at least Bil Clinton didn't double it down with his sense of privilege after Hillary said her foolish comments. but Mitt sure did:

That's what I did! I borrowed money from my dead father who had to work long hours and had no savings, and I started my business of driving every day to a job digging trenches and cutting grass and shoveling snow at a local park for minimum wage. How much did you borrow from YOUR dad, One16?

I'll save Mr. Gore for it's own post, lol.
To cut some folks off at the pass, I don't advocate for violence, oppression, genocide, war, hatred or intolerance. Instead, I advocate for education, organization, activism, and the democratic process. ~~ KtR
Keep The Reason

Affiliation: Reasonist

Postby spongebob » Tue Apr 21, 2015 10:21 am

I wasn't going to feed this idiot. The shear magnitude and legion of conservative looniness is so staggering that if we posted it all, it would probably overwhelm this site.
Man is a credulous animal, and must believe something; in the absence of good grounds for belief, he will be satisfied with bad ones.
~Bertrand Russell

:spongeb:
spongebob

Affiliation: Humanist - Bright

Postby Keep The Reason » Tue Apr 21, 2015 11:51 am

Army Day in Iran was marked by signs and calls for "death to Israel and death to America". So glad Obama got this deal, ahem I mean this "framework" to get his deal that would so desperately make his Foreign policy be of any significance in his Presidency. Good job Barry.

I was listening to an ex-Ambassador to Iran on Bill Maher a few weeks ago and he said (and I'm paraphrasing it and I can't find it yet on youtube), "I was at a political rally in Iran and was talking to a friend. The meeting burst into a chant "Death to America, Death to America!"; my friend turned, shouted it a few times, then turned to me and invited me to his house for lunch."

It's like how Americans decided to call French fries "freedom fries". It's posturing, and little more than that. I think you, and a lot of people -- conservatives and liberal alike, are really naive on this sort of thing. Sabre rattling, posturing, etc, that's for the rubes, the sheeple, the thoughtless dipshits who are only sitting in the stands with the colors of their "teams" painted on their faces and chests, who roar and stomp and then follow their chieftains and throw them money and votes. These people wouldn't understand a political diplomatic chess match if it slammed them in their heads. And you, my friend, strike me as one such rube. You seem to be thinking it rational to tank an entire diplomatic negotiation regarding slowing the absolutely inescapable acquiring of nuclear arms simply because factions in a nemesis country is posturing.

And this is why who we elect is so important. Who wants people jumping up from the negotiation table and becoming petulant toddlers because "They said something to hirt my feewings??" What other options you got? No negotiations means Iran gets to do what the fuck they want, which literally guarantees they get their nukes sooner. What else is there? War? Oh, yeah, war. That's really brilliant. The deaths of millions, massive pain and suffering-- that's the smart way to go.

All built upon an immaturity and a complete lack of awareness on how politics works on the part of naifs such as yourself.

It only makes since to shun your Allies and welcome your enemies in a region where American lives are at stake. The Iranians will never change until Israel and America bow to Islam, its the old Lefty saying :

Ah, Gore's Gaffe. Opens the door to Bush's Blunders, doesn't it:

My apologies that this embedded video is so long. It's just so, so, soooo long.

Sigh... it's so so so so long. :smt009
To cut some folks off at the pass, I don't advocate for violence, oppression, genocide, war, hatred or intolerance. Instead, I advocate for education, organization, activism, and the democratic process. ~~ KtR
Keep The Reason

Postby Keep The Reason » Tue Apr 21, 2015 11:59 am

spongebob wrote:I wasn't going to feed this idiot. The shear magnitude and legion of conservative looniness is so staggering that if we posted it all, it would probably overwhelm this site.

It's a contest on who is more looney -- join the fun! It's easy if you're looking for right wingnuttery. Really easy. Really REALLY easy.
Keep The Reason

Postby Keep The Reason » Mon Apr 27, 2015 1:00 pm

Well One16 seems to have abandoned, but that's okay -- no way he could win anyway.

Next up, Gordon Klingenschmitt, wackaloon for Senator:

I'm never sure what scares me more-- that people like this actually believe in asking their imaginary friend what to do, or that people have no problem with this means of decision-making and VOTE THEM IN!

http://www.coloradoindependent.com/152811/qa-klingenschmitts-72-hours-of-prayer-fasting-and-being-called-of-god-launches-state-senate-run

Q&A: Klingenschmitt’s 72 hours of prayer, fasting and being ‘called of God’ launches state Senate run
Link

The Colorado Independent: So you announced last night that you’re going to run for Senate President Cadman’s seat when he term-limits out. I’d love to hear how you came to that decision. What was your process of reflection? What made you decide that this is the right next step?

Gordon Kilngenschmitt: Thank you. Making the decision to run for any office is a sacrifice and a commitment, and I wanted to make sure I was doing it for the right reasons. I had to self examine. I went on a three-day, water-only fast, day and night for 72 hours, and I prayed. As a chaplain, I try to pray before making any important decision in my life because ultimately I want to do what God wants me to do with my life.

At the end of that time, I was reading in the Bible in Joshua, chapter one, where God blessed Joshua and told him, ‘Everywhere you set your foot you will claim as your territory.’ He was talking about ancient Israel. I was inspired by that.

Why don't we just make this clown President and maybe he can starve himself for three days, and then push the red codes because his imaginary friend told him it is time to bring about the Apocalypse. In most rational countries, a whackaloon like this would be completely unelectable. But not here. Here, in the good old USA, asking Jesus what to do (which always seems to coincide with what you'd want to do in any event) is seen as a virtue.
Keep The Reason

Postby Keep The Reason » Tue Apr 28, 2015 9:46 am

Well, I'm munching on a late breakfast and checking out the news, which is pretty much a direct feed into this thread-- what an incredibly rich playing field (even though I think I'm the only one on the field apparently). So let's tee off two of 'em:

"Republican Whackaloon II -- Electric Boogaloo"

Another whack job (Governor of Ohio and -- yep, you guessed it -- right wing Republican) who can't decide if he should run for President unless Yahweh puts down his magazine and climbs off his throne to tell him it's kosher:

Kasich waiting for ‘the Lord’ to weigh in on 2016

“I’m trying to determine if this is what the Lord wants”: Turning to the 2016 Republican field, it’s possible there might be another candidate – Ohio Gov. John Kasich. “I haven’t decided yet,” he said on “Meet the Press” yesterday. “But listen, yesterday, I was in South Carolina in the morning. And then I was in New Hampshire in the afternoon. It reminded me of Live Aid. Remember when Phil Collins jetted from England over to Philadelphia? … Look, all my options are on the table here. And I’m, you know, more and more serious, or I wouldn’t be doing these things. And I have a pretty heavy schedule coming up.” What could keep him from running? “Well, my family is a consideration. And number two, the most important thing, what does the Lord want me to do with my life? You know, He puts on Earth, all of us on Earth, to achieve certain purposes. And I’m trying to determine if this is what the Lord wants. And I’m not going to figure that out lying in bed and hoping lightning strikes.”

http://www.msnbc.com/msnbc/kasich-waiti ... weigh-2016

In any other western democracy, this is a game killer. In the USA -- and in a lot of Islamic theocracies -- saying dumb delusional shit like this garners cheers.
Last edited by Keep The Reason on Tue Apr 28, 2015 9:54 am, edited 2 times in total.
Keep The Reason

Postby Keep The Reason » Tue Apr 28, 2015 9:52 am

Right wing Christian loon -- We'll die to end the "slavery" of gay marriage!

Anti-Gay Activists: We Are Prepared To Die To Fight Gay Marriage 'Slavery'
Submitted by Brian Tashman on Friday, 4/24/2015 1:20 pm

Conservative activist E.W. Jackson said at an anti-gay press conference at the National Press Club earlier today that conservative Christians are prepared to die in the fight over gay marriage, just like the Christian students in Kenya who were recently murdered by radical Islamic terrorists.

Jackson, who was the 2013 Republican nominee for lieutenant governor of Virginia, added that gay marriage is “sowing the seeds of our eternal destruction” as it is removing people's reliance on God’s truth. “We will give our lives standing for the truth,” he said.

Awww, "No matter how loving we are... as bigots."

Heroes of the faith. This whackjob 1) Actually thinks he's going to have to die for this, 2) Compares himself and American Christians to people under the threat of true terror (gay marriage = terrorism?) and 3) Actually considers his position "reasonable".

Here's a bet. In 10 years float around this nutjob again and I will BET you he's saying he and other Christians were at the forefront of same sex marriage, working for it to be part of the fabric of our society. I will bet you this wingnut will be saying exactly that.
Keep The Reason

Postby Keep The Reason » Wed Apr 29, 2015 1:18 pm

Republican (what else?) Loon Would "Set himself on fire!" -- if he weren't a Christian -- for a whopping 6% pay increase for court employees.

http://www.rawstory.com/2015/04/oklahoma-republican-threatens-to-light-himself-on-fire-at-courthouse-to-protest-abortion-rulings/

From the floor of the statehouse, Oklahoma Republican Kevin Calvey threatened to leave the building, walk across the street to the state Supreme Court, pour gasoline on himself, and light himself on fire in a suicide protest against a 6 percent raise for court employees.

NewsOk reports that on April 22, Oklahoma legislators were debating state Senate Bill 548, which would “provide 6 percent raises, paid from court fees, for Supreme Court justices and other appellate court judges and employees.”

Calvey was not about to vote for any salary increases for his counterparts in the judicial branch. Calvey is angry at them for striking down several laws restricting abortion.

The News and Tribune released a short video Tuesday showing Calvey threatening suicide by fire at Oklahoma statehouse.

“Members, this kind of injustice simply can’t stand,” Calvey tells colleagues, “If I were not a Christian and didn’t have a prohibition against suicide, I’d walk across the street, douse myself in gasoline, and set myself on fire to protest the evil that is going on over there, killing, giving the death penalty to the will of the people and the will of this body in protecting the least among us.”

There's a video posted here: http://www.newsandtribune.com/cnhi_netw ... 5a715.html

What's become kind of interesting in this is I don't have to look for these people to find a daily example. they come to me, just in various newsfeeds, lol. I wonder how One16 is doing, finding like examples on the left...?
Keep The Reason

Postby Keep The Reason » Mon May 04, 2015 10:53 am

I'm beginning to suspect that One16 isn't running this race with me with any passion whatsoever. Anyway -- time to tee up the next right wing WHACKALOON -- this time Alan Keyes:

Link

If the United States Supreme Court presumes to impose any redefinition of marriage on the states, respectively, or the people, without addressing the issue of unalienable right it involves, with reasoning that respects God-endowed right (which is the logic by which the American people asserted, and still claim to possess and exercise, sovereign authority over themselves), the Court’s decision will be an attack on the very foundation of constitutional government, of by and for the people of the United States. It will be a high crime and misdemeanor that effectively dissolves the just bonds of government between and among the states, and among the individuals who compose the people of the United States. It will therefore be just cause for war.

That's right. Upholding SSM as a right for gays is a JUST call for a new civil war. (Which of course involves killing your enemy).

Whack. A. Loon.
Keep The Reason

Postby Tim-the-Hermit » Tue May 05, 2015 3:42 am

Keep The Reason wrote:What's become kind of interesting in this is I don't have to look for these people to find a daily example. they come to me, just in various newsfeeds, lol.

I suppose there is a hint of justice in the fact that these people never seem to relax and enjoy their good fortune. The way they go on about non-disasters reminds me of bible phrases 'wailing and gnashing of teeth' and having 'no rest, night or day.'

The gold sovereign is only valuable money if it's used to help other people.
Tim-the-Hermit
veteran
veteran

Affiliation: soft atheist

Postby Keep The Reason » Tue May 05, 2015 7:40 am

Tim-the-Hermit wrote:
Keep The Reason wrote:What's become kind of interesting in this is I don't have to look for these people to find a daily example. they come to me, just in various newsfeeds, lol.

I suppose there is a hint of justice in the fact that these people never seem to relax and enjoy their good fortune. The way they go on about non-disasters reminds me of bible phrases 'wailing and gnashing of teeth' and having 'no rest, night or day.'

The gold sovereign is only valuable money if it's used to help other people.

Tim, this is their job. Their financial Everest comes from creating wild fear inducing scenarios, and as long as they keep the fear running like snow melting into streams, the lucre continues to flow. And it helps. It helps fuel their Lear jets and oxycontin habits and their hypocrisy.

The real loons, perhaps, are the dipshits who fall for their never ending lies. Like One16unashamed, who believes most of this crap.
Keep The Reason

Postby Keep The Reason » Tue May 05, 2015 12:36 pm

James Dobson -- Uber Loon. Gay Marriage will destroy ALL THINGS!!!!!!!11!!!!!!!!

All hail the awesome power of Teh Geyhe!

(Thank you Dobson, sir, for sounding the alarm!)

High court on verge of destroying the family
Exclusive: Dr. James Dobson sounds alarm, lists consequences of 'gay marriage'

Dear Friends,

May I urge you to read this letter carefully? It has been written with a fervent prayer that you will recognize the urgency it conveys. It deals with a decision that is about to be announced by the U.S. Supreme Court, dealing with the definition of marriage. In late June or early July, the justices will reveal their decision to either affirm the definition of marriage as being exclusively between one man and one woman, or it will redefine this institution to include same-sex unions. If marriage is to be reconfigured in the law, which court-watchers predict is almost certain, every dimension of the culture will be adversely affected. It will be one of the most momentous rulings in U.S. history, tantamount to the Roe v. Wade decision in 1973. As we know, that terrible ruling 42 years ago divided the nation irreparably and has resulted in the deaths of 58 million babies.

I do not recall a time when the institutions of marriage and the family have faced such peril, or when the forces arrayed against them were more formidable or determined. Barring a miracle, the family that has existed since antiquity will likely crumble, presaging the fall of Western civilization itself. This is a time for concerted prayer, divine wisdom and greater courage than we have ever been called upon to exercise.

For more than 50 years, the homosexual activist movement has sought to implement a master plan that has had as its centerpiece the destruction or redesign of the family. Many of these objectives have largely been realized, including widespread support of the gay lifestyle, discrediting of Scriptures that condemn homosexuality or sexual immorality, muzzling of the clergy and Christian media, inclusion of gays and lesbians in all branches of the military, granting of special privileges and rights in the law, overturning laws prohibiting pedophilia, indoctrinating children and future generations through public education, and securing all the legal benefits of marriage for any two or more people who claim to have homosexual tendencies. By promoting what is known as LGBT, we must remember that the “B” stands for bisexuality. That would include acceptance of sexual relations between both genders in groups and among every category of sexual expression outside the bonds of marriage. Now the proponents of LGBT seek to legalize gay and lesbian marriage, which could mean anything or nothing in a few years.

These objectives seemed unthinkable just a few years ago, but they are now within reach. We in North America and Europe are not simply “slouching towards Gomorrah,” as Judge Robert Bork warned in his best-selling book; we are hurtling toward it. The old earthen dam that has held and protected the reservoir of Judeo-Christian values since the days of our Founding Fathers has given way. Traditional marriage is the last bulwark to fall.

Let’s put this issue in perspective. The institution of the family is one of the Creator’s most marvelous and enduring gifts to humankind. It was revealed to Adam and Eve in the Garden of Eden and then described succinctly in Genesis 2:24, where we read, “For this cause, a man shall leave his father and mother and cleave to his wife, and they shall be one flesh.” With those 20 words, God announced the ordination of male-female marriage, long before He established the two other great human institutions, the church and 
the government.

At least 5,000 years have come and gone since that point of origin, yet every civilization in the history of the world has been built upon it. Despite today’s skeptics who claim that marriage is an outmoded and narrow-minded Christian concoction, the desire of men and women to “leave” and “cleave” has survived and thrived through times of prosperity, famine, wars, peace, epidemics, tyranny, and every other circumstance and human condition. It has been the bedrock of culture in Asia, Africa, Europe, North America, South America, Australia and even Antarctica. Given this history, one might begin to suspect that something mystical exists within human nature that draws the sexes together – not just for purposes of reproduction as with animals – but to satisfy an inexpressible longing for spiritual bonding. Indeed, how can it be doubted? Clearly, our loving Creator placed the desire for intimacy and companionship deep within men and women – and referred to everything he had made and pronounced it “very good” (Genesis 1:31).

Admittedly, there have been various societies in history where homosexuality has flourished, including the biblical cities of Sodom and Gomorrah, in ancient Greece and in the Roman Empire. None of these civilizations survived. Furthermore, even where sexual perversion was tolerated or flourished, the institution of marriage continued to be honored in law and custom. Only in the last few years has what is called “gay marriage” been given equal status with biblical male-female unions. In fact, to date only 18 countries in the world recognize the legitimacy of same-sex marriage. America appears on the verge of becoming No. 19. God help us if we throw the divine plan for humankind on the ash heap of history.

The impact of experimenting with the meaning of marriage is no longer speculative. We can see where it leads by observing what has happened in Scandinavian countries. Leaders in Norway, Denmark and Sweden first embraced de facto marriages between homosexuals in the 1990s. The consequences for families in those countries were devastating. The institution of marriage began dying, with most young couples cohabitating or choosing to remain single. More than 80 percent of children in some areas of Norway were and continue to be born out of wedlock. It appears that tampering with the ancient plan for males and females spells doom for the family and for everything related to it.

To put it concisely, marriage represents the very foundation of human social order. Everything of value sits on that base. Institutions, governments, prosperity, religious liberty and the welfare of children are all dependent on its stability. When it is weakened or undermined, the entire superstructure begins to wobble. That is exactly what has happened during the last 45 years. The American people didn’t demand the sea change that is occurring. In fact, the populations in 31 states voted individually on the definition of marriage. Every one of them affirmed it as being exclusively between a man and a woman. Those proclamations were ensconced in their state constitutions.

Now, however, many of those popular elections are being overridden by imperious federal judges who are changing the course of history. In mid-2012, only six states had legalized same-sex marriage. Now, three years later, there are 37, and the Supreme Court is poised to make it 50! Whatever happened to Abraham Lincoln’s pronouncement in the Gettysburg Address that ours is a government “of the people, by the people, and for the people”? It is rapidly being replaced by a government “of the courts, by the courts, and for the courts.”

How did this happen to us? How could such a great and freedom-loving people have allowed themselves to be dominated by a handful of unelected, unaccountable, arrogant and often godless federal judges, who have been appointed for life and continue to violate the democratic process? It is an ominous development. Was it the desire of the Founding Fathers when they designed this great representative form of government? Hardly!

Thomas Jefferson warned repeatedly about the emergence of an out-of-control judiciary that would destroy the Constitution and, along with it, America’s fundamental freedoms. He first became alarmed when, in 1803, the U.S. Supreme Court issued a landmark decision called Marbury v. Madison. It allowed the justices to rule on the constitutionality of every legal issue, both inside and outside the government, giving themselves unrivaled imperial power. The concept of “checks and balances” that was intended to keep one branch from eclipsing the other two was no longer in force – at least not with regard to the judiciary.

When Jefferson recognized the full implications of the Marbury decision, he wrote this prophetic statement: “It is a very dangerous doctrine to consider the judges as the ultimate arbiters of all constitutional questions. It is one which would place us under the despotism of an oligarchy.”

BINGO! What we have today, 235 years later, is an oligarchy (meaning rule by a small cadre of elites). The courts simply strike down laws and policies they don’t like, whether their opinions reflect the provisions of the Constitution or not. Furthermore, the activist judges and those who support them have turned the Constitution into what they call “a living, breathing document,” in which its actual words no longer mean what they say. The Constitution “evolves,” they tell us, to fit the biases of the court. The people are no longer given the opportunities to vote on issues that matter to them, or to elect representatives who will do their bidding. That is not what the Founding Fathers designed for us.

The Marbury decision in 1803 continued to agitate Jefferson for many years. Nearly two decades later he wrote: “The Constitution … is a mere thing of wax in the hands of the judiciary which they may twist and shape into any form they please.” “It has long been my opinion, and I have never shrunk from its expression … that the germ of dissolution of our federal government is in the constitution of the federal Judiciary; working like gravity by night and by day, gaining a little today and a little tomorrow, and advancing its noiseless step like a thief, over the field of jurisdiction, until all shall be usurped.”

Jefferson issued one more warning in 1823, just three years before his death. This time, however, he was not simply predicting the rise of an imperious court; by then he had observed it firsthand. Jefferson said, “At the establishment of our constitution, the judiciary bodies were supposed to be the most helpless and harmless members of the government. Experience, however, soon showed in what way they were to become the most dangerous. …”

Now, the misfortune that worried Jefferson has produced for us a culture of death that is steeped in moral relativism. We are victims in our day of the grab for power that should have been squelched two centuries ago. Since then, the Supreme Court has overridden the will of the people, regularly and without apology. Every time the justices convene as a body it is like a mini-constitutional convention in which the meaning of the foundational document is changed without the consent of the governed. Henceforth, their pronouncements are the ultimate law of the land.

Let’s get to the bottom line. If the U.S. Supreme Court redefines marriage to include same-sex unions, I guarantee you that it will not be the end of the matter. An avalanche of court cases will be filed on related issues that can’t even be imagined today. Here are a few that we can foresee:

1. Religious liberty will be assaulted from every side. You can be certain that conservative churches will be dragged into court by the hundreds. Their leaders will be required to hire people who don’t share the beliefs of their denominations and constituents. Pastors may have to officiate at same-sex marriages, and they could be prohibited from preaching certain passages of Scripture. Those who refuse to comply will not only be threatened legally, but many will be protested and picketed by activists. Perhaps this is a worst-case scenario, but maybe not. Prison is also a possibility.

2. Christian businesses and ministries will be made to dance to the government’s tune. We’ve all seen examples of photographers, bakeries and florists being required to serve at gay weddings, on penalty of closure or bankruptcy. This kind of legal oppression is coming all across the nation.

3. Christian colleges may be unable to teach scriptural views of marriage. Any nonprofit Christian organization that opposes same-sex unions, including our own, will likely lose its tax-exempt status. Many will be forced to close their doors.

Do these consequences sound draconian to you? If so, consider an editorial published in the New York Times a few weeks ago. It was written by liberal columnist Frank Bruni, who insisted that Christians must be “made” to change their church doctrines on sexual morality. He actually wrote, “Church leaders must be made to take homosexuality off their sin list.”

Tony Perkins, president of the Family Research Council, wrote this in response to Bruni’s statement: “These activists aren’t after a ‘live-and-let-live’ policy. They’re on a march to force all Americans to celebrate and affirm what they do under the penalty of law.”

Indeed. I wonder if Frank Bruni has read the Bill of Rights in the First Amendment to the Constitution.

Now let’s look at what the law may require of parents and their children in the future:

4. Here’s an example of what is to come: A few weeks ago, President Obama actually demanded legislation prohibiting parents from seeking professional therapy to assist their children who were dealing with sexual identity crises. What business does this man have telling parents how to help their confused and disoriented kids even after they have been abused and exploited sexually? This is outrageous! In some states, counselors can lose their licenses if they try to assist their troubled children in this way. These intrusions appear to be forerunners of things to come.

5. Any professional with a state license of any kind may be stripped of his or her right to practice or do business if he or she doesn’t conform to the court’s biases on same-sex relationships.

6. Textbooks for children of all ages will almost certainly be rewritten and republished to illustrate gay and lesbian marriages.

7. The most outrageous interference with parental rights will come from public schools that require children as young as 5 to be taught gay and lesbian concepts. It will matter not that this teaching will contradict the beliefs and convictions of parents. This could become a requirement in every public school by judicial decree. It is already the law in California and Massachusetts.

There are many other things I could write about at this crossroads of history. Let me summarize my concerns this way: Down one path are millions of strong and vibrant families with their children growing up in the fear and admonition of the Lord. Down the other path is a nation drifting away from its spiritual roots in a culture that will teach a dangerous ideology to today’s younger generation and those yet to come.

What can we do to save the nation? Prayer is our only hope, but it is a powerful one. Even at this late hour, the Lord could still respond to the petitions of millions of godly people. Shirley and I are among those who are praying for a miracle. Will you join us?

God bless you. And may God bless America.

James C. Dobson, Ph.D.
, President and Founder, 
Family Talk

Wow, the lunacy is strong with this one. Like some people here (cough, One16, cough!) there seems to be an inability to separate what a church is legally allowed to do (they can discriminate to their cold black heart's content) versus what a business can do (like a bakery). But hey-- fling out the "pastors will get frog marched to concentration camps" memes out there so the rest of your fellow inmates will keep the cash cow fattened.
Keep The Reason

Postby Keep The Reason » Tue May 05, 2015 12:50 pm

Holy. Crap. People actually believe this childish nonsense.

I can't help it... they just keep a-comin'.

Billy Graham's whackaloon daughter.

Is God’s Judgment Coming?

April 30, 2015

“For then there will be great distress, unequaled from the beginning of the world until now…Then they cried to the Lord in their trouble, and He saved them from their distress.” Matthew 24:21 Psalm 107:19

This past Spring, Joel Rosenberg and I taught through the book of Joel as we led a prophecy seminar at The Billy Graham Training Center at The Cove. It was my privilege to give the first two messages that covered Joel 1:1 through Joel 2:17. The impact on me was profound. Both times, when I stepped off of the platform, I knew God had spoken. The messages almost made the hair stand up on the back of my neck. Why? Because God was clearly warning that His judgment is coming on America and on our world, and it’s going to be ugly. I knew it then, and I know it now.

I believe Jesus is soon to return to take all of His followers to Heaven with Him in what is referred to as The Rapture. While this will be deliverance for His people, can you imagine the impact on our nation, let alone the world, when suddenly every single authentic Christian disappears?

Institutions will collapse. Banks will close. The Stock Market will plunge. Planes will fall out of the sky. Cars will crash on the road. Government in America at every level will disintegrate. Families will be torn apart. In the unprecedented turmoil, our nation will be vulnerable for our enemies to seize the moment and attack us. There will be mass chaos, confusion, fear, grief, despair, anger, threats, danger… judgment.

1. Thinks god speaks through her.
2. Worships a petulant tyrant bully of a god who throws abuse, suffering, and murder around if he doesn't get his way
3. Qualifies those who are "authentic" Christians (as opposed to what? Inauthentic ones? How does anyone tell?)
4. Actually thinks a) Christians will vanish, b) institutions will fail, cats and dogs will live together, etc. and c) any of this is even bad (why is it bad? It means Jesus is coming and it's supposed to happen so Yaaay!)
Keep The Reason

Next

Return to Politics