The Running of the Loons...

Callers to action, creators of Superpacs, and championers of causes great and small unite! Air all your political thoughts here. Whitened teeth, dyed hair, and spray-on tans not required but preferred.

Re: The Running of the Loons...

Postby Keep The Reason » Fri Oct 09, 2015 11:05 am

Well, look what brought :duh: back from the dead. Guns and their defense. Just like Jesus, who came back from the dead to ensure the Romans were all gunned down because we all know if Jesus was about anything, he was about well armed insurgents.

If you want to discuss gun control, go do it somewhere else please -- This thread is for the listing of mind bogglingly crazy right wing nutjobs and it's too much fun to let it get hijacked by an argument on gun control. So take a powder on that please? Thanks!

Now-- back to "Happy Carson" ---More proof he's out of his fucking gourd, and this time it even has something to do with those guns :duh: loves so much (Just like Jesus commands: "Thou shalt love thy Glocks as thy loveth me, as thy Glocks are as I am, now and forevermore. Locked and loaded!" (Paul's Letter to the Ammunitwits, 7:12)):

Link

“I’m telling you there is a reason these dictatorial people take the guns first,” says presidential hopeful."

In a CNN interview Thursday, Republican presidential hopeful Dr. Ben Carson said that the tragedy of the Holocaust could have been avoided, or its magnitude greatly minimized, had the Jews of Europe been armed.

“I think the likelihood of Hitler being able to accomplish his goals would have been greatly diminished if the people had been armed,” Carson said. “I’m telling you there is a reason these dictatorial people take the guns first.”

The Republican said that the process of removing accessibility to guns allowed the Nazis to “carry out their evil intentions with relatively little resistance.”

Yeah like those dictatorial British and French and Aussies. Meanwhile, ever take a look at Israel gun laws you stoopit raving theocrat??

Israel Gun Laws

Civilians must obtain a firearms license to lawfully acquire, possess, sell, or transfer firearms and ammunition. Soldiers are generally allowed to carry their personal weapons and ammunition together while on furlough during active service, uniformed or in civilian clothing.

The list of below personnel are eligible for licenses allowing them to possess firearms:

Israel Defense Forces officers honorably discharged with the rank of non-commissioned officer
Reservists honorably discharged with the rank of regimental commander
Eligible to possess one rifle.
Ex–special forces enlisted men
Retired police officers with the rank of sergeant
Retired prison guards with the rank of squadron commander
Licensed public transportation drivers transporting a minimum of five people
Full-time dealers of jewellery or large sums of cash or valuables
Civil Guard volunteers
Civil Guard snipers may possess one rifle.
Residents of militarily strategic buffer zones considered essential to state security
Such personnel are may possess one handgun.
Residents of Israeli settlements
Settlers may possess handguns and can be issued automatic rifles by the army for personal protection. The automatic rifles are the property of the army and may be recalled at any time.
Licensed hunters
May possess one shotgun
Licensed animal-control officers
May possess two rifles

In addition, those applying for permission to possess firearms must meet certain age requirements:

20 for women who completed military service or civil service equivalent
21 for men who completed military service or civil service equivalent
27 for those who did not complete military service or civil service equivalent
45 for residents of East Jerusalem.

To obtain a firearms license, an applicant must be a resident of Israel for at least three consecutive years, pass a background check that considers the applicant's health, mental, and criminal history, establish a genuine reason for possessing a firearm (such as self-defense, hunting, or sport), and pass a weapons-training course. The Israeli government maintains an official registry of all residents with firearms licenses.[47]

All those holding firearms licenses must renew them and re-take a shooting course at a gun range every three years and pass a psychological exam every six years.[48] They must demonstrate they have a safe at home in which to keep the firearm. Permits are given only for personal use, not for business in the firearms sale while holders for self-defense purposes may own only one handgun, and are given a lifetime supply of 50 bullets to take home.[49]

In addition to private licenses of firearms, organizations can issue carry licenses to their members for activity related to that organization (e.g. security companies, shooting clubs, other workplaces).

Members of officially recognized shooting clubs (practical shooting, Olympic shooting) are eligible for personal licenses allowing them to possess additional firearms (small bore rifles, handguns, air rifles, and air pistols) after demonstrating a need and fulfilling minimum membership time and activity requirements. Unlicensed individuals who want to engage in practice shooting are allowed supervised use of pistols at firing ranges.

Those licensed to possess firearms may not carry them in public without a permit. Separate permits exist for being allowed to carrying open and concealed weapons.[47]

Around 40% of applications for firearms permits are rejected.[50]

In 2005, there were 236,879 private citizens and 154,000 security guards licensed to carry firearms. Another 34,000 Israelis who were previously licensed own guns illegally due to their failure to renew their gun license.[51][52] In 2007, there were estimated to be 500,000 civilian licensed guns in Israel, in addition to 1,757,500 in the military, and 26,040 in the police.[53][54]

To legally own a gun as a souvenir, prize, inheritance, or award of appreciation from the military, an individual must first present proper documentation that they are about to receive it. Permits for gun collectors are extremely rare, and typically only given to ex-high-ranking officers.

Under Israeli law, the maximum penalty for unlawful possession of a firearm is 10 years in prison.[47]
To cut some folks off at the pass, I don't advocate for violence, oppression, genocide, war, hatred or intolerance. Instead, I advocate for education, organization, activism, and the democratic process. ~~ KtR
Keep The Reason

Affiliation: Reasonist

Postby spongebob » Fri Oct 09, 2015 11:10 am

I like that article that Particles posted. It correctly points out how poorly most citizens perform under the stress of a real life-threatening situation. And it discusses the fact that there is a giant area of middle ground where we could make gun owners more competent and accountable than they are today and limit the easy access to guns. NRA supporters just don't want to budge an inch and their position is nonsensical when you compare to the basic requirements of many other things like a drivers license. You can't operate as a hair dresser in most states without the proper licensing and training. It just makes no sense at all and I just hope that as these shootings continue, enough conservatives will experience the horror of a loved one being shot while watching a movie. That is the only thing that will turn this around, if anything will. NRA nuts are simply irrational about this.
Man is a credulous animal, and must believe something; in the absence of good grounds for belief, he will be satisfied with bad ones.
~Bertrand Russell

:spongeb:
spongebob

Affiliation: Humanist - Bright

Postby Keep The Reason » Fri Oct 09, 2015 11:18 am

spongebob wrote:I like that article that Particles posted. It correctly points out how poorly most citizens perform under the stress of a real life-threatening situation. And it discusses the fact that there is a giant area of middle ground where we could make gun owners more competent and accountable than they are today and limit the easy access to guns. NRA supporters just don't want to budge an inch and their position is nonsensical when you compare to the basic requirements of many other things like a drivers license. You can't operate as a hair dresser in most states without the proper licensing and training. It just makes no sense at all and I just hope that as these shootings continue, enough conservatives will experience the horror of a loved one being shot while watching a movie. That is the only thing that will turn this around, if anything will. NRA nuts are simply irrational about this.

It's a great article. Great video. And it's common sense for almost anyone (sadly, or typically, :duh: doesn't fall into that category as his entire worldview is based on right wing talking points and utterly no research and investigation of any facts). It's a great topic and I'll join in, I just don't want it mucking up this thread since it's too much fun finding a ratio of 1 leftist loon versus 500 rightist loons on an ongoing basis.
Last edited by Keep The Reason on Fri Oct 09, 2015 11:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
To cut some folks off at the pass, I don't advocate for violence, oppression, genocide, war, hatred or intolerance. Instead, I advocate for education, organization, activism, and the democratic process. ~~ KtR
Keep The Reason

Postby One16Unashamed » Fri Oct 09, 2015 11:18 am

I actually am not a hardcore 2nd amendment guy. I believe the biggest issue is mental health with these mass shootings as opposed to having access to guns.

I'm not hijacking a thread, just asking a question that I doubt anyone answers honestly. I don't believe Particles would willingly go into a room knowing he will die just because he opposes gun. Which room would you go into KTR?
"In God you come up against something which is in every respect immeasurably superior to yourself. Unless you know God as that-and, therefore, know yourself as nothing in comparison-you do not know God." -C.S. Lewis, Mere Christianity
One16Unashamed
veteran
veteran

Affiliation: Christian

Postby Keep The Reason » Fri Oct 09, 2015 11:20 am

One16Unashamed wrote:I actually am not a hardcore 2nd amendment guy. I believe the biggest issue is mental health with these mass shootings as opposed to having access to guns.

I'm not hijacking a thread, just asking a question that I doubt anyone answers honestly. I don't believe Particles would willingly go into a room knowing he will die just because he opposes gun. Which room would you go into KTR?

Start. Another. Thread. I'll be happy to point out all the flaws in your every idiotic statement there. Not here. Simple request.
Keep The Reason

Postby Keep The Reason » Mon Nov 09, 2015 5:54 pm

Kevin Swanson.

Wants gays murdered. Thinks books/movies like "Harry Potter" and music will bring god's wrath upon us.

Held a political conference weekend of Nov 6th-8th with three Republican candidates:

Ted Cruz
Bobby Jindal
Mike Huckabee

Go to 14:53 on this video:

to see Ted Cruz skirt the issue about appearing at the same event linked above hosted by Swanson. He doesn't know what Swanson has said or hasn't said. What a fucking liar Cruz is. He had to know what swanson says-- he was there while Swanson have the friggin' "Reppeeeeent, reeeeeepent!" speech above.

This hand of loons is "4 of a kind".
Keep The Reason

Postby Jesus Raves » Mon Nov 09, 2015 7:03 pm

Didn't you just post a video starring Cruz in the "Religious advice rather than 'Go to a doctor'??" thread? Personally, I think he sounded more intelligent in that other thread's clip.

To be fair to Cruz *vomits*, it's entirely possible that he didn't hear Swanson's insane raving; if Cruz also spoke at that event, he could have been in some form of green room during Swanson's... speech. Of course, he probably is lying.
Jesus Raves

Affiliation: Anti-Labelist

Postby Keep The Reason » Tue Nov 10, 2015 12:23 am

Swanson is very well known in the religious right world. They know exactly who he is and what he says.
Keep The Reason

Postby Particles » Tue Nov 10, 2015 3:20 pm

The drowning thing is a reference to a Jesus quote.
Particles

Affiliation: Gnostic atheist

Postby Keep The Reason » Tue Nov 17, 2015 10:49 am

Kevin Swanson Redux...

So the video above of absolute whacko-loon Kevin Swanson is down from Right Wing Watch because they broadcast his own words and they brought a suit against them and youtube shut down their account.

RRW is fighting this dangerous crazy person, and they'll win (it's fair use) but the video of things he said are down in many places. I found this on The Young Turks, and you seriously have to listen to what this guy says, particularly at the 2 minute mark where he talks about covering himself in cow feces at an imagined gay son's wedding, and that gays have festering pus-sores, that people are carving happy faces in pus sores... etc. I mean he's just totally insane and completely, deeply, disturbingly obsessed with homosexuals. (Cough. You know what that can often mean, right?)

How do people sit in the chairs and listen to this stuff and not slowly get up, walk away backwards so they don't take their eyes off the crazy person, and make for the doors so someone can call the orderlies from the nearest psychiatric hospital? And yet, they clearly sit there and accept this lunacy.

The problem is that Ted Cruz, Mike Huckabee and Bobby Jindal all went to this insane person's "conference" and have not back pedaled from this disturbed loon. I also can't imagine how there's a single Republican who isn'ty burying their face in their hands at the utter embarrassment of their "cream of the crop" picks.
Keep The Reason

Postby Keep The Reason » Mon Nov 30, 2015 2:42 pm

Josh Feuerstein -- Dangerous Domestic Terrorist Loon / Liar

Another lunatic on the Christian Right side. Your guy. When someone listens to him and kills people -- remember, you do nothing to fight this sort of thing.

Fuerestein recommends that doctors should "start fearing for their lives"

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/PfZW03ODfXQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Aaaaand the inevitable "It's been heavily edited, taken out of context" lie:

https://www.facebook.com/joshua.feuerst ... 266759525/

Expect that second link to be deleted. He likes to delete the videos that show him to be a completely liar.
Keep The Reason

Postby Keep The Reason » Mon Nov 30, 2015 5:45 pm

Keep The Reason wrote:Josh Feuerstein -- Dangerous Domestic Terrorist Loon / Liar

Another lunatic on the Christian Right side. Your guy. When someone listens to him and kills people -- remember, you do nothing to fight this sort of thing.

Fuerestein recommends that doctors should "start fearing for their lives"

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/PfZW03ODfXQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Aaaaand the inevitable "It's been heavily edited, taken out of context" lie:

https://www.facebook.com/joshua.feuerst ... 266759525/

Expect that second link to be deleted. He likes to delete the videos that show him to be a completely liar.

Update: Looks like he deleted the first one.
Keep The Reason

Postby Keep The Reason » Fri Jan 29, 2016 2:56 pm

It's sometimes hard to fathom the thinking that goes on in people's heads.

A Florida Pastor argues that the law should allow people to discriminate against gays because a few years ago a lesbian teenager shot and killed a straight girl who didn't want to have sex with her.

When people make arguments like this, does it never occur to them how many people who are NOT gay (or whatever their bigotry is focused on) do the exact same things? It's like saying, "A black person shot and killed someone once, therefore we should be allowed to discriminate against black people."

Or, "a straight person killed someone they wanted to have sex with but who refused them, so we should be allowed to discriminate against straight people."

The stupidity simply burns when my eyes light upon it.

In fact -- I found this double whammy:

Idiot bigoted murdering father

A Texas dad disgusted with his daughter’s lesbian lifestyle murdered the young woman and her lover, the girl’s mother said in a shocking twist to a gruesome case.

James Cosby, 46, bludgeoned his daughter Britney Cosby to death and shot her lover, Crystal Jackson, on March 6 before dumping the bodies near the ferry gate in Port Bolivar, Texas, police believe.

The bodies were found near a Dumpster around 7:30 a.m. the next day outside a Fisherman’s Cove food mart.

Both women were 24.

So he was a male father black straight. Let's remove any laws that preclude people from discriminating against people who are one or any of these things:

Male
Fathers
Black
Straight

That's merely most every father in the country.
Keep The Reason

Postby Stacie Cook » Fri Jan 29, 2016 7:25 pm

Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (46.02 KiB) Viewed 881 times
If you want to meet God... then the cross is the place to which you go. - Alistair Begg
Stacie Cook

Affiliation: Hypocritical Christian

Postby Keep The Reason » Tue Mar 08, 2016 11:19 am

LOL -- that's awesome.
Keep The Reason

PreviousNext

Return to Politics