The Running of the Loons...

Callers to action, creators of Superpacs, and championers of causes great and small unite! Air all your political thoughts here. Whitened teeth, dyed hair, and spray-on tans not required but preferred.

Re: The Running of the Loons...

Postby Keep The Reason » Tue Mar 08, 2016 11:27 am

Caitlyn Jenner is up next. Not because she's trans, but because she's completely in denial about her fellow conservative Republicans.

Caitlyn Jenner: "Every Conservative Guy Out There Believes in Everybody's Rights"
Rich Juzwiak

The farcical degree to which Caitlyn Jenner was willing to blindly defend Republicans was on screaming display during last night’s second season premiere of her reality show, I Am Cait. Jenner is famously conservative (last week, The Advocate published a profile in which she voiced interest in being Ted Cruz’s “trans ambassador”), but last night’s episode vividly illustrated just how little logic or thought she’s put into that affiliation given just how little Republicans advocate for (and how often they advocate against) LGBT rights.

When trans activist and writer Jennifer Finney Boylan asked Jenner which Republican Presidential candidate would be most supportive of transgender people, Jenner’s response was, “All of ‘em...None of the Republicans [say], ‘Oh, I hate trans people,’ or, ‘I hate gays.’ Nothing like that. They do more, ‘I want a thriving economy so every trans person has a job.’” Here’s an example of Republican Sen. Travis Holdman filing a bill that would ban discrimination based on sexuality, but not gender identity, which would suggest, in fact, that he doesn’t care at all about trans people having jobs.

When Boylan pointed out that it was conservatives who spearheaded the successful campaign against the Houston Equal Rights Ordinance (HERO), which was voted down in November, Jenner wouldn’t hear it. “Don’t go there,” she said. “No it’s not. Republicans and conservatives are not these horrible people out there trying to oppress people...I don’t know anything of what they said down there, but I’m not blaming it on Republicans and conservatives.” When Boylan insisted that Jenner look at that—while wielding a newspaper—Jenner said, “No, I’m not gonna identify that.” On November 2, the day before the vote, Texas Governor Greg Abbott, a Republican, tweeted: “HOUSTON: Vote Texas values, not @HillaryClinton values. Vote NO on City of Houston Proposition 1. No men in women’s bathrooms.”

When Kate Bornstein brought up Jeff Norwood’s “No men in women’s bathrooms” ad campaign, Jenner said of its creator, “Now, he may have been Republican, I don’t know, he might have been a Democrat. I don’t know.” When Boylan produced evidence of Norwood’s conservatism, Jenner said, “It just so happens he happens to be a Republican. I wish he was a damn Democrat. That would have made my argument much easier.” It also would have given her argument the credence that it doesn’t have because it’s a factually incorrect argument.

“I don’t feel like they’re out to get us,” said Jenner of Republicans. “Every conservative guy out there believes in everybody’s rights.”

As the debate raged on, Jenner said of LGBT rights, “For the Republicans, it’s not a big issue. The economy’s the big issue.” That’s a problem, but at least it’s arguably true—a brief moment of vague clarity. For whatever reason, Jenner seemed more willing to believe in some fairytale version of Republican inclusiveness than the actual reality of the kind of discrimination, disregard, and bigotry that party promotes almost always implicitly and often overtly.

This level of ignorance and self-delusion is loonacy. But I think this one is probably more grounded in privilege than anything else. While Jenner may have focused a lot of ire on herself because of her gender issues, especially with the religious wing of the Republicans (which, let's face it, basically owns the right wing Conservative party), the fact is, Caitlyn Jenner is wealthy and still privileged. Very few of the struggles trans people face will ever trip up her evenings, so as far as she's concerned, there's no problems.

There's something conservatism that seems to be an hypnotic clarion call to people who show three unrelenting character traits:

1. They display an inordinately high degree of infatuation with authoritarianisn.
2. Their degree of cognitive dissonance is high, and very transparent.
3. Their hypocritical stances are unusually overt and obvious, though they seem particularly blind to it.

Anyway, Caitlyn joins the ranks of Loonz.
To cut some folks off at the pass, I don't advocate for violence, oppression, genocide, war, hatred or intolerance. Instead, I advocate for education, organization, activism, and the democratic process. ~~ KtR
Keep The Reason

Affiliation: Reasonist

Postby Keep The Reason » Wed Mar 16, 2016 3:55 pm

Crazy lady thinks Monster drink is part of a Satanic conspiracy.

Man. This batshit loon has got wuh-haaaay too much time on her hands.

To cut some folks off at the pass, I don't advocate for violence, oppression, genocide, war, hatred or intolerance. Instead, I advocate for education, organization, activism, and the democratic process. ~~ KtR
Keep The Reason

Postby Simplyme » Thu Mar 17, 2016 7:52 am

That shit is fucking hilarious!!!!

Excuse my French...... Not really.

They make it to easy.....just to easy.
I find it rather amusing, when thought of as ignorant or stupid(though I can be on many subjects). Especially by those who believe in a deity up in heaven watching our every move, and rewarding or punishing us after we have expired.
Simplyme

Postby Keep The Reason » Wed Mar 30, 2016 12:48 pm

The only words are "Holy shit". Alex Jones is a whackaloon of major, epic proportions.

It starts off calmly enough but around the 1:46 mark this guy just goes completely off the rails. And I mean, like the train leaves the tracks, it chugs its way to the ionosphere, and then comes hurtling back leaving an impact crater that rivals the emptiness inside Alex Jones's head.

Be warned. Watching this twice may result in absolute insanity from which there is no cure.

So... enjoy.

Normal...................Paranoid.....................Insane..............Alex Jones
.........................................................................................../
Keep The Reason

Postby Aaron » Wed Mar 30, 2016 9:19 pm

Keep The Reason wrote:The only words are "Holy shit". Alex Jones is a whackaloon of major, epic proportions.

It starts off calmly enough but around the 1:46 mark this guy just goes completely off the rails. And I mean, like the train leaves the tracks, it chugs its way to the ionosphere, and then comes hurtling back leaving an impact crater that rivals the emptiness inside Alex Jones's head.

Be warned. Watching this twice may result in absolute insanity from which there is no cure.

So... enjoy.

Normal...................Paranoid.....................Insane..............Alex Jones
.........................................................................................../

Wow. I knew a guy who was really into infowars once, he had some interesting ideas. Now I see the source... I do think there's some truth though to what he's saying, but he takes it other places that I don't agree with, and I'm not sure if the emotion is just for publicity, but he should calm down if he really cares about life extension.
"I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else" - C.S. Lewis
Aaron

Affiliation: Christian

Postby Particles » Fri Apr 15, 2016 10:26 pm

This reminded me of Chap.

Govenor's gun on Bible stirs social media - The Clarion-Ledger

Maybe not a loon, but didn't want to start a thread for it.
Particles

Affiliation: Gnostic atheist

Postby Keep The Reason » Sat Apr 16, 2016 9:33 am

And let's not forget Saint Ronnie Reagan placed... just... so!
Keep The Reason

Postby Stacie Cook » Sat Apr 16, 2016 5:10 pm

Ha. Check out the two ladies looking at it out of the corner of their eyes..... :shock:
If you want to meet God... then the cross is the place to which you go. - Alistair Begg
Stacie Cook

Affiliation: Hypocritical Christian

Postby Particles » Sun Apr 17, 2016 4:28 pm

Keep The Reason wrote:And let's not forget Saint Ronnie Reagan placed... just... so!

Yeah, he rated a more prominent placement than the Bible.
Particles

Affiliation: Gnostic atheist

Postby Aaron » Sun Apr 17, 2016 4:38 pm

Particles wrote:
Keep The Reason wrote:And let's not forget Saint Ronnie Reagan placed... just... so!

Yeah, he rated a more prominent placement than the Bible.

Lol, I was going to point that out. I think politicians use Christianity to sucker Christians into being supporters. They know the little quips to say and the pictures to take that they think a Christian who doesn't know anything else about them will like to hear. It makes me sick.
"I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else" - C.S. Lewis
Aaron

Postby Keep The Reason » Mon Apr 18, 2016 10:41 am

Fixing this so it reads properly:

I think Christian politicians use Christianity to sucker Christians into being supporters.

Even Trump is a born and bred Presbyterian.

They know the little quips to say and the pictures to take that they think a Christian who doesn't know anything else about them will like to hear. It makes me sick.

There will always be con artists. But what makes you sicker? The con or the people who choose to remain ignorant and do nothing to learn even the basics? And what would you think would be a solution to that latter problem? Maybe, just maybe, the entire category of theism with its inclination to faith based not upon verifiable facts and analysis as a virtue is part of the problem.

Why red flags don't instantly go up when people confront religious claims is a bit of a mystery to me (not really, I keep finding the same root cause-- people don't like to do the work to vet things, and they certainly do not discomforting truth over soothing sound bytes. They prefer their dreams and desires override their drive for truth).
Keep The Reason

Postby Aaron » Mon Apr 18, 2016 7:43 pm

Keep The Reason wrote:Maybe, just maybe, the entire category of theism with its inclination to faith based not upon verifiable facts and analysis as a virtue is part of the problem.

I think a lot of times it is more that after a very thorough seeking out of things that a person understands just what part faith plays in life. But we talk about this a lot and we probably won't see it the same way.
Aaron

Postby Keep The Reason » Mon Aug 29, 2016 5:04 pm

Well it's been awhile but I gotta give Jim Bakker his Loon Degree:

Ah yes, the endless numbers of Christians killed in the USA for "believing in the bible". I did a search for a poll and came up with this data:

"How Many Christians in the USA are Killed for Believing in the Bible?"

I shuddered at the number. Just shuddered.
Keep The Reason

Postby spongebob » Mon Aug 29, 2016 6:36 pm

What is this lying fucker talking about???
Man is a credulous animal, and must believe something; in the absence of good grounds for belief, he will be satisfied with bad ones.
~Bertrand Russell

:spongeb:
spongebob

Affiliation: Humanist - Bright

Postby Keep The Reason » Mon Aug 29, 2016 9:09 pm

spongebob wrote:What is this lying fucker talking about???

Hey now, none of those profanity laced diatribes thank you very much! :smt005

Bakker sells two things. Shitty food you can use in case of the poppy-cock-alypse and fear dipped in an extra creamy layer of paranoia.
Keep The Reason

PreviousNext

Return to Politics