Rosa Parks. On Planned Parenthood Board

Callers to action, creators of Superpacs, and championers of causes great and small unite! Air all your political thoughts here. Whitened teeth, dyed hair, and spray-on tans not required but preferred.

Rosa Parks. On Planned Parenthood Board

Postby Keep The Reason » Fri Sep 18, 2015 10:24 am

From the "You Can't Make this Shit Up" files. (Almost made it into the Running of the Loons thread. But, this is more or less one of their lighter-weight kinds of lunacy so their induction into that Hall of Shame will have to wait).

Republicans want a woman on the $10 bill and they have their favs:

Rand Paul – Susan B. Anthony
Mike Huckabee – His wife
Marco Rubio – Rosa Parks <--
Ted Cruz – Rosa Parks <--
Ben Carson – His mother
Donald Trump – Rosa Parks <--
Jeb Bush – Margaret Thatcher (!?)
Scott Walker – Clara Barton
Carly Fiorina – Don’t change it
John Kasich – Mother Teresa
Chris Christie – Abigail Adams

Rubio referred to Parks as “an everyday American that changed the course of history,” and Cruz called her a “a principled pioneer that helped change this country, helped remedy racial injustice, and that would be an honor that would be entirely appropriate.

Lovely. Meanwhile they don't realize that Rosa Parks was on the National Board of PLANNED PARENTHOOD -- which they all labor to destroy and demonize!

Another laugh riot, if it weren't so terrifying that these guys are considered viable candidates.

Link

At the end of last night's GOP debate, moderator Jake Tapper asked the candidates which woman they would choose to put on the $10 bill. Several of the 11 candidates on stage named their daughters or wives. Mike Huckabee awkwardly poked fun at his wife's spending habits in nominating her. "That way," he said, "she could spend her own money with her face!"

But Sen. Marco Rubio, Sen. Ted Cruz, and Donald Trump went for gravitas. All three picked Rosa Parks, the civil rights leader whose refusal to give up her seat sparked the Montgomery bus boycott, to be the first woman pictured on US paper currency. "An everyday American that changed the course of history," said Rubio. "She was a principled pioneer that helped change this country," noted Cruz, clarifying that he would put her on the $20 bill, in order to keep Founding Father Alexander Hamilton on the $10 bill.

The candidates are right that Parks was a "principled pioneer," but her advocacy went beyond racial justice. Later in life, Parks was an avid supporter of Planned Parenthood, and she even served on its board.

That's an inconvenient fact for the GOP candidates who have been eager to demonize Planned Parenthood. Throughout the debate, all of them repeatedly touted their pro-life records and vowed to defund Planned Parenthood. Cruz is currently leading the charge against Planned Parenthood in the Senate, threatening to shut down the government over a spending bill that includes federal funding for the women's health organization.

Seriously, how clueless can these pandering idiots be?
To cut some folks off at the pass, I don't advocate for violence, oppression, genocide, war, hatred or intolerance. Instead, I advocate for education, organization, activism, and the democratic process. ~~ KtR
Keep The Reason

Affiliation: Reasonist

Re: Rosa Parks. On Planned Parenthood Board

Postby Particles » Fri Sep 18, 2015 11:30 am

Rosa Parks wanted to exterminate blacks.
Particles

Affiliation: Gnostic atheist

Postby Jesus Raves » Fri Sep 18, 2015 12:59 pm

Is this from that debate I forgot to watch? Dammit. Sounds like I missed out on some good shit.

Do Kasich and JEB! realize that we typically put figures from American history on American money? For what it's worth, I think Sacagawea deserves a spot on money people will actually use, but I can't argue against Rosa Parks.
Jesus Raves

Affiliation: Anti-Labelist

Postby Keep The Reason » Fri Sep 18, 2015 1:37 pm

Particles wrote:Rosa Parks wanted to exterminate blacks.

Of course she did! Just ask :duh:

(When he finally comes back thinking/hoping we've forgotten what a dimbulb he is.)
To cut some folks off at the pass, I don't advocate for violence, oppression, genocide, war, hatred or intolerance. Instead, I advocate for education, organization, activism, and the democratic process. ~~ KtR
Keep The Reason

Postby Keep The Reason » Fri Sep 18, 2015 1:40 pm

Jesus Raves wrote:Is this from that debate I forgot to watch? Dammit. Sounds like I missed out on some good shit.

Do Kasich and JEB! realize that we typically put figures from American history on American money? For what it's worth, I think Sacagawea deserves a spot on money people will actually use, but I can't argue against Rosa Parks.

Yeah, I thought about that as well but other countries honor people not native.

If you really want a cognitive dissonance of hilarity and horror, check out the Fact Checking sites on that "debate" (it wasn't even remotely a debate):

Click here to blend laughter with sobs
Keep The Reason

Postby Simplyme » Fri Sep 18, 2015 1:47 pm

Keep The Reason wrote:
Jesus Raves wrote:Is this from that debate I forgot to watch? Dammit. Sounds like I missed out on some good shit.

Yeah, I thought about that as well but other countries honor people not native.

If you really want a cognitive dissonance of hilarity and horror, check out the Fact Checking sites on that "debate" (it wasn't even remotely a debate):

Click here to blend laughter with sobs

It was easy to get away with all the bullshit, when you have nobody calling you out on it.
I find it rather amusing, when thought of as ignorant or stupid(though I can be on many subjects). Especially by those who believe in a deity up in heaven watching our every move, and rewarding or punishing us after we have expired.
Simplyme

Postby Jesus Raves » Fri Sep 18, 2015 2:22 pm

[quote="Keep The Reason"]
Yeah, I thought about that as well but other countries honor people not native.[/i]
Is that so? I didn't realize. Let's throw ol' Thatcher on our tens, then!
Jesus Raves

Postby Keep The Reason » Fri Sep 18, 2015 4:43 pm

[quote="Keep The Reason"]
Yeah, I thought about that as well but other countries honor people not native.[/i]

=======================================================================

Taking your quote skills from searchengineguy, are we?

Einstein for instance is on a Kamberra banknote:

Albert Money
Keep The Reason

Postby Rian » Fri Sep 18, 2015 5:16 pm

Don't people realize that you can agree with someone on one important issue but not another?
"Aurë entuluva! Auta i lómë!" ("Day shall come again! The night is passing!") -- from JRR Tolkien's The Silmarillion

Christianity is the red pill - go for it! Seek the truth, wherever it leads you.
Rian

Affiliation: Christian/truth-seeker

Postby Jesus Raves » Fri Sep 18, 2015 6:08 pm

Never! Extreme polarization is all I'll accept!
Jesus Raves

Postby Jesus Raves » Fri Sep 18, 2015 6:10 pm

[quote="Keep The Reason"][quote="Keep The Reason"]

=======================================================================

Taking your quote skills from searchengineguy, are we?[/jesusneverexisted]
Yeah! He held a How to Quote seminar last night. You didn't know? It was so enlightening.
Jesus Raves

Postby Keep The Reason » Fri Sep 18, 2015 7:01 pm

Rian wrote:Don't people realize that you can agree with someone on one important issue but not another?

Sure, in small doses. These guys have demonized planned parenthood as a place where blacks are being exterminated, and which has massive genocide on its agenda. . They assert this demonization all the way back to Sanger.

Sorry, not sorry. You can't demonize something at this degree, and then turn around and exalt someone who served for years on its board. At least, you can't do that and adhere to any consistent principles or have integrity.

They compared Kim Davis to Rosa Parks, and they want her face on money? That's rare honor. It's polarized in and of itself, and doesn't need anyone else to polarize it any more than it could possibly be.

This isn't a nuance. According to these guys, Rosa Parks is also a direct murderer of unborn babies. And they want her on our money?

Sounds to me more likely they are uneducated imbeciles who thought they'd pander to women and minorities and are now blanching as they discover their imagined heroine was a key implementer of the juggernaut of murder they've tagged PPH to be.

I can't wait until they are confronted by this question. Here's what the answer will be:

Rachel: "So Senator, you've cited Rosa Parks as a heroine of America who was courageous in her fight for social and civil rights, but at the same time she was on the Board of an organization you've characterized - and most people would say mischaracterized - as being little more than a death mill for innocent, unborn babies. Do you still believe Rosa Parks should be on the $10.00 bill?"

Senator: "You know Rachel, we have real problems in this country and only by having stronger faith can we solve them."

You watch.
Keep The Reason

Return to Politics