Trump - the idiot

Callers to action, creators of Superpacs, and championers of causes great and small unite! Air all your political thoughts here. Whitened teeth, dyed hair, and spray-on tans not required but preferred.

Trump - the idiot

Postby spongebob » Mon Oct 26, 2015 6:50 am

Donald Trump is a profound idiot. I watched him on the Today show this morning in an interview with Matt Lower. Among other imbecilic things, he said the way we (the world) should deal with the Syrian refugee problem is to build a "huge" safe zone in Syria and put them all there. Syria is a country that has been torn apart by civil war and terrorism for years now. It has multiple terrorist organization operating there, killing anyone who doesn't fully support them and a government that kills it's own people at will. And somehow we are to believe that there's room to build a "safe zone" in this country? This is the country that millions of people are fleeing because they are in danger of being killed by multiple organizations. I guess they didn't see all that safe territory inside their own country.
Man is a credulous animal, and must believe something; in the absence of good grounds for belief, he will be satisfied with bad ones.
~Bertrand Russell

:spongeb:
User avatar
spongebob
Senior member
Senior member
 
Posts: 5783
Joined: Tue Mar 14, 2006 5:59 pm
Location: Huntsville, AL
Affiliation: Humanist - Bright

Re: Trump - the idiot

Postby Jesus Raves » Mon Oct 26, 2015 8:17 am

Just wait... He's going to win.
User avatar
Jesus Raves
Senior member
Senior member
 
Posts: 2620
Joined: Sat Apr 18, 2015 3:52 pm
Location: Missouri, USA
Affiliation: Anti-Labelist

Re: Trump - the idiot

Postby spongebob » Mon Oct 26, 2015 10:53 am

Jesus Raves wrote:Just wait... He's going to win.


I was preparing myself for that reality but the more he talks the more I think he damages himself. This morning he was asked several specific questions by audience members. He didn't answer any of them. Matt Lower kept refocusing on the questions; Trump kept ignored them and hitting his talking points. The most specific he would get was saying that he would conduct negotiations with other nations with which we have trade deals and that you can't say specifically what you would do in a negotiation, but that is a lot of wind. These trade deals are the result of years of negotiations and some of them overlap Republican and Democratic administrations. The deals are most likely as beneficial as they ever will be. Trump says he will build a wall between the US and Mexico and Mexico will pay for it. When asked how he would make Mexico pay for it, he changes the subject and says that he loves Mexico and that there are a lot of nice people there. The guy is a wind bag and nothing else. I expect Hilary would tear him apart in a debate. Basically, he's a male version of Sarah Palin, just with more money.
Man is a credulous animal, and must believe something; in the absence of good grounds for belief, he will be satisfied with bad ones.
~Bertrand Russell

:spongeb:
User avatar
spongebob
Senior member
Senior member
 
Posts: 5783
Joined: Tue Mar 14, 2006 5:59 pm
Location: Huntsville, AL
Affiliation: Humanist - Bright

Re: Trump - the idiot

Postby Jesus Raves » Mon Oct 26, 2015 1:05 pm

Seems that the dumber the shit Trump says the more popular he gets, but I hope you're right. The phrase "U.S. President Donald Trump" is the stuff of nightmares.
User avatar
Jesus Raves
Senior member
Senior member
 
Posts: 2620
Joined: Sat Apr 18, 2015 3:52 pm
Location: Missouri, USA
Affiliation: Anti-Labelist

Re: Trump - the idiot

Postby spongebob » Mon Oct 26, 2015 2:04 pm

One guy asked him about that. He asked how he could expect Trump to behave as a negotiator with world leaders and said he worried he might call Putin an idiot. Trump's response was that he knew how to talk to important people and he just said what was on him mind during campaign speeches to stir people up. He said, "I'm like an intelligent guy, I'm not an idiot." I think that remains to be seen.
Man is a credulous animal, and must believe something; in the absence of good grounds for belief, he will be satisfied with bad ones.
~Bertrand Russell

:spongeb:
User avatar
spongebob
Senior member
Senior member
 
Posts: 5783
Joined: Tue Mar 14, 2006 5:59 pm
Location: Huntsville, AL
Affiliation: Humanist - Bright

Re: Trump - the idiot

Postby Razor » Mon Oct 26, 2015 3:33 pm

Jesus Raves wrote:Seems that the dumber the shit Trump says the more popular he gets, but I hope you're right. The phrase "U.S. President Donald Trump" is the stuff of nightmares.


How about "US president Ben Carson"?

How has it got to the point that there is a really decent chance one of them will be president. Totally terrifying and insane.

Which is the lesser evil? I recon it's Trump.
Razor
Senior member
Senior member
 
Posts: 1265
Joined: Tue Jul 16, 2013 9:42 am

Re: Trump - the idiot

Postby Keep The Reason » Mon Oct 26, 2015 8:43 pm

I disagree. Trump is actually what most politicians actually are, except he's completely transparent about it. The wheeler-dealer shit? That's how our government actually works. Read Matt Taibbi's "Degeneration". It's a terrifying eye opener.

The problem with Trump being this open is that he is now distrusted by every senator, every congressperson, and just about every other leader. They are probably horrified that he's exposing their inner workings like this. A great example is how overtly he sucks the Christians collective cock. "The best book in the world is the Bible!" he says. "Everyone will say Merry Christmas when I'm the Boss" he says. Hilarious. His own companies use "Happy Holidays" and have for years. And by what constitutional lever is he going to pull that "merry xmas" horseshit off (note to the comatose: he won't remotely bother with it; it's all pageantry)? So he panders overtly -- completely overtly! -- like a 5 pesos whore to the Christians and they lap it up. They love it! They can't get enough of it, and it's such an obvious snow job, lol.

Here's the stupendous irony: They flock to him because they think he's outside the mainstream but because they are horribly uneducated about how their government actually works, they don't realize he's literally showing them exactly what the mainstream politicians do. In a way, it's hilarious. In a completely terrifying way of course.

When I see Trump lately, I think, "He's a candidate that is literally mirroring back to the uneducated American public how incredibly stupid they are." The good news... I think it's good news, is he can't keep it up. Sooner or later the truck-pull Duck Dynasty fans are going to realize he's a fool, even though -- and I reiterate this -- he's not so much a fool as he's a transparent candidate on how American politicians actually function.

As to Carson?

Ben Carson is deeply fucked up. He clearly seems to believe all his religious nonsensicals and he says things that are not only illiterate, but just outlandishly crazy. I could easily see that guy pushing the red button thinking dead Jesus is in his ear telling him to get Armageddon going.

Trump would never do that. He doesn't want his brand to be wiped off the face of the Earth. Trump would be a terrible president (or a laughably bad one), but Carson would be a disaster. Carson is batshit crazy.
To cut some folks off at the pass, I don't advocate for violence, oppression, genocide, war, hatred or intolerance. Instead, I advocate for education, organization, activism, and the democratic process. ~~ KtR
User avatar
Keep The Reason
Senior member
Senior member
 
Posts: 10429
Joined: Wed May 11, 2011 4:50 pm
Affiliation: Reasonist

Re: Trump - the idiot

Postby Jesus Raves » Mon Oct 26, 2015 10:59 pm

I can't find that book you mentioned. Are you sure that's what it's called?
User avatar
Jesus Raves
Senior member
Senior member
 
Posts: 2620
Joined: Sat Apr 18, 2015 3:52 pm
Location: Missouri, USA
Affiliation: Anti-Labelist

Re: Trump - the idiot

Postby Keep The Reason » Tue Oct 27, 2015 6:48 am

The Great Derangement. Sorry, mobile phone post.
To cut some folks off at the pass, I don't advocate for violence, oppression, genocide, war, hatred or intolerance. Instead, I advocate for education, organization, activism, and the democratic process. ~~ KtR
User avatar
Keep The Reason
Senior member
Senior member
 
Posts: 10429
Joined: Wed May 11, 2011 4:50 pm
Affiliation: Reasonist

Re: Trump - the idiot

Postby Clare » Thu Nov 05, 2015 11:20 am

Keep The Reason wrote:I disagree. Trump is actually what most politicians actually are, except he's completely transparent about it. The wheeler-dealer shit? That's how our government actually works. Read Matt Taibbi's "Degeneration". It's a terrifying eye opener.

The problem with Trump being this open is that he is now distrusted by every senator, every congressperson, and just about every other leader. They are probably horrified that he's exposing their inner workings like this. A great example is how overtly he sucks the Christians collective cock. "The best book in the world is the Bible!" he says. "Everyone will say Merry Christmas when I'm the Boss" he says. Hilarious. His own companies use "Happy Holidays" and have for years. And by what constitutional lever is he going to pull that "merry xmas" horseshit off (note to the comatose: he won't remotely bother with it; it's all pageantry)? So he panders overtly -- completely overtly! -- like a 5 pesos whore to the Christians and they lap it up. They love it! They can't get enough of it, and it's such an obvious snow job, lol.

Here's the stupendous irony: They flock to him because they think he's outside the mainstream but because they are horribly uneducated about how their government actually works, they don't realize he's literally showing them exactly what the mainstream politicians do. In a way, it's hilarious. In a completely terrifying way of course.

When I see Trump lately, I think, "He's a candidate that is literally mirroring back to the uneducated American public how incredibly stupid they are." The good news... I think it's good news, is he can't keep it up. Sooner or later the truck-pull Duck Dynasty fans are going to realize he's a fool, even though -- and I reiterate this -- he's not so much a fool as he's a transparent candidate on how American politicians actually function.

As to Carson?

Ben Carson is deeply fucked up. He clearly seems to believe all his religious nonsensicals and he says things that are not only illiterate, but just outlandishly crazy. I could easily see that guy pushing the red button thinking dead Jesus is in his ear telling him to get Armageddon going.

Trump would never do that. He doesn't want his brand to be wiped off the face of the Earth. Trump would be a terrible president (or a laughably bad one), but Carson would be a disaster. Carson is batshit crazy.


Not all Christians. I certainly don't support Trump.
Clare
Senior member
Senior member
 
Posts: 3225
Joined: Sat Oct 11, 2014 2:23 pm
Affiliation: Catholic

Re: Trump - the idiot

Postby Stacie Cook » Thu Nov 05, 2015 1:44 pm

Keep The Reason wrote:...... a 5 pesos whore to the Christians and they lap it up. They love it! They can't get enough of it, and it's such an obvious snow job, lol.

Here's the stupendous irony: They flock to him because they think he's outside the mainstream but because they are horribly uneducated about how their government actually works, they don't realize he's literally showing them exactly what the mainstream politicians do. In a way, it's hilarious. In a completely terrifying way of course. .



Why the sweeping generalization about christians?


Surely as educated as you are, you know it is ridiculous to clump 'the christians' altogether.
If you want to meet God... then the cross is the place to which you go. - Alistair Begg
User avatar
Stacie Cook
Senior member
Senior member
 
Posts: 1251
Joined: Fri Oct 09, 2015 7:14 am
Location: House of Cook, IN
Affiliation: Hypocritical Christian

Re: Trump - the idiot

Postby Keep The Reason » Thu Nov 05, 2015 11:00 pm

Stacie Cook wrote:
Keep The Reason wrote:...... a 5 pesos whore to the Christians and they lap it up. They love it! They can't get enough of it, and it's such an obvious snow job, lol.

Here's the stupendous irony: They flock to him because they think he's outside the mainstream but because they are horribly uneducated about how their government actually works, they don't realize he's literally showing them exactly what the mainstream politicians do. In a way, it's hilarious. In a completely terrifying way of course. .



Why the sweeping generalization about christians?


Surely as educated as you are, you know it is ridiculous to clump 'the christians' altogether.


Yes -- you're right. That was supposed to be "right wing Christians". He is pandering to them. That'll learn me to not post on the phone.
To cut some folks off at the pass, I don't advocate for violence, oppression, genocide, war, hatred or intolerance. Instead, I advocate for education, organization, activism, and the democratic process. ~~ KtR
User avatar
Keep The Reason
Senior member
Senior member
 
Posts: 10429
Joined: Wed May 11, 2011 4:50 pm
Affiliation: Reasonist

Re: Trump - the idiot

Postby Clare » Fri Nov 06, 2015 2:00 am

Keep The Reason wrote:
Stacie Cook wrote:
Keep The Reason wrote:...... a 5 pesos whore to the Christians and they lap it up. They love it! They can't get enough of it, and it's such an obvious snow job, lol.

Here's the stupendous irony: They flock to him because they think he's outside the mainstream but because they are horribly uneducated about how their government actually works, they don't realize he's literally showing them exactly what the mainstream politicians do. In a way, it's hilarious. In a completely terrifying way of course. .



Why the sweeping generalization about christians?


Surely as educated as you are, you know it is ridiculous to clump 'the christians' altogether.


Yes -- you're right. That was supposed to be "right wing Christians". He is pandering to them. That'll learn me to not post on the phone.


Just the right wing Christians? I don't buy it. Let's say you really did mean just the right wing Christians, you still said "they", more than once, and it appears as in all right wing Christians. Not all right wing Christians "lap it up", "love it!", "can't get enough of it" nor "flock to him" when Trump panders to them as you said. Oh, and then you accused right wing Christians (supposedly) of being horribly uneducated about how their Government actually works.

You generalize a lot. Were you on your phone everytime you have?
Clare
Senior member
Senior member
 
Posts: 3225
Joined: Sat Oct 11, 2014 2:23 pm
Affiliation: Catholic

Re: Trump - the idiot

Postby spongebob » Fri Nov 06, 2015 8:13 am

Trump is pandering to the right wing and it is hilarious that they are buying his charade. I don't believe he is serious about most of that. In a speech in Iowa he stated that he was a "great Christian" and offered a photograph of his confirmation back in 1959. Who in the world describes themselves as a "great Christian"? And what possible validity does a photograph of a confirmation offer? I can at least appreciate someone standing on their Christian background and describing policies they promoted or charitable acts they've participated in as proof of their faith, but a photograph? Heck I can provide that, too; doesn't make me a "great Christian". And any real Christian would know that that description is the exact opposite of humility.

Trump is doing nothing more than expressing the average conservative American's disgruntlement. Everyone knows what that group of people dislikes about the country and he's just repeating it back to them, taxes, illegal immigration, terrorism, Obamacare, Liberalism gone wild...yada, yada, yada. Note that as he repeats these phrases, he never offers one single definitive idea about how he would change things, not a single one. He's nothing but an echo machine of the far right and I don't think even he believes one word of what he's saying. And maybe that is becoming clear to them; he is slipping in the polls and yet another wacko has replaced him...Carson.
Man is a credulous animal, and must believe something; in the absence of good grounds for belief, he will be satisfied with bad ones.
~Bertrand Russell

:spongeb:
User avatar
spongebob
Senior member
Senior member
 
Posts: 5783
Joined: Tue Mar 14, 2006 5:59 pm
Location: Huntsville, AL
Affiliation: Humanist - Bright

Re: Trump - the idiot

Postby Simplyme » Fri Nov 06, 2015 8:15 am

Keep The Reason wrote:
Stacie Cook wrote:
Keep The Reason wrote:...... a 5 pesos whore to the Christians and they lap it up. They love it! They can't get enough of it, and it's such an obvious snow job, lol.

Here's the stupendous irony: They flock to him because they think he's outside the mainstream but because they are horribly uneducated about how their government actually works, they don't realize he's literally showing them exactly what the mainstream politicians do. In a way, it's hilarious. In a completely terrifying way of course. .



Why the sweeping generalization about christians?


Surely as educated as you are, you know it is ridiculous to clump 'the christians' altogether.


Yes -- you're right. That was supposed to be "right wing Christians". He is pandering to them. That'll learn me to not post on the phone.


Remind me the difference again..............
I find it rather amusing, when thought of as ignorant or stupid(though I can be on many subjects). Especially by those who believe in a deity up in heaven watching our every move, and rewarding or punishing us after we have expired.
Simplyme
Senior member
Senior member
 
Posts: 5965
Joined: Tue Feb 15, 2011 7:11 am

Next

Return to Politics

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest