Trump - the idiot

Callers to action, creators of Superpacs, and championers of causes great and small unite! Air all your political thoughts here. Whitened teeth, dyed hair, and spray-on tans not required but preferred.

Re: Trump - the idiot

Postby Keep The Reason » Fri Nov 06, 2015 12:28 pm

spongebob wrote:And maybe that is becoming clear to them; he is slipping in the polls and yet another wacko has replaced him...Carson.

That is the far more chilling aspect of this. That Ben Carson -- who is literally grindingly stupid about almost everything except his field of expertise, which is admittedly complex and highly specialized -- is taking the lead.

Carson doesn't have the same handicaps that Trump has. Trump's schtick is growing old and the fact that he doesn't have anything concrete to offer will likely be his undoing -- even the most dense of disgruntled people eventually need to hear something more than, "Don't worry, whatever I do it will be the biggerest, besterest, and mostestist of all".

But Carson? Fuck. Totally different story.

1. He's a neurosurgeon, so to most people that means, "He's a smart guy!"
2. He's incredibly religious -- this is an extremely religious country and it plays to millions.
3. He doesn't believe evolution is a valid scientific Theory. In this, he's in tune with something like 40% of the population
4. He's black. This has some negative impact because of the extremist bigots, but it also allows the less bigoted to feel good about also electing a black man.
5. He has no compunction about bald face lying. His Mannatech lies have been exposed and there's a collective yawn.
6. He's a religious bigot. He outright says a Muslim should not be president, even though the constitution insist on no religious test.
7. He speaks in emotional memes which people gobble up. Pyramids were built to "store grain" (??). "Obamacare is worse than slavery" (??) And so on. He's like Sarah Palin in this way, and the right wing loved her.
8. He's soft spoken so people think he's reasonable.
9. He shreds the media and blames them. People love that too.
10. God told him directly he should run for president. People really fall for that one.

He's completely electable.
To cut some folks off at the pass, I don't advocate for violence, oppression, genocide, war, hatred or intolerance. Instead, I advocate for education, organization, activism, and the democratic process. ~~ KtR
Keep The Reason

Affiliation: Reasonist

Postby Particles » Fri Nov 06, 2015 12:34 pm

Going by the track record, I think God tells people to run because he enjoys seeing them fail.
Particles

Affiliation: Gnostic atheist

Postby Particles » Fri Nov 06, 2015 1:53 pm

Particles

Affiliation: Gnostic atheist

Postby Stacie Cook » Fri Nov 06, 2015 11:50 pm

Keep The Reason wrote:
Stacie Cook wrote:
Keep The Reason wrote:...... a 5 pesos whore to the Christians and they lap it up. They love it! They can't get enough of it, and it's such an obvious snow job, lol.

Here's the stupendous irony: They flock to him because they think he's outside the mainstream but because they are horribly uneducated about how their government actually works, they don't realize he's literally showing them exactly what the mainstream politicians do. In a way, it's hilarious. In a completely terrifying way of course. .

Why the sweeping generalization about christians?

Surely as educated as you are, you know it is ridiculous to clump 'the christians' altogether.

Yes -- you're right. That was supposed to be "right wing Christians". He is pandering to them. That'll learn me to not post on the phone.

Lol. Thanks.
If you want to meet God... then the cross is the place to which you go. - Alistair Begg
Stacie Cook

Affiliation: Hypocritical Christian

Postby Tim-the-Hermit » Thu Nov 26, 2015 1:43 am

Things aren't improving, doesn't America fear for its dignity in the future?

http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2015 ... disability
Tim-the-Hermit
veteran
veteran

Affiliation: soft atheist

Postby Keep The Reason » Thu Nov 26, 2015 1:59 pm

Tim-the-Hermit wrote:Things aren't improving, doesn't America fear for its dignity in the future?

http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2015 ... disability

Good lord, no. I think we lost our dignity back in 1800.
To cut some folks off at the pass, I don't advocate for violence, oppression, genocide, war, hatred or intolerance. Instead, I advocate for education, organization, activism, and the democratic process. ~~ KtR
Keep The Reason

Affiliation: Reasonist

Previous

Return to Politics