Marco Rubio... Focus on Eternity

Callers to action, creators of Superpacs, and championers of causes great and small unite! Air all your political thoughts here. Whitened teeth, dyed hair, and spray-on tans not required but preferred.

Marco Rubio... Focus on Eternity

Postby Keep The Reason » Thu Jan 07, 2016 3:21 pm

I guess I just prefer a president who is less interested in where we spend eternity and more in how we spend tax revenues. It's ads like this that make the US a global laiughstock in other 1st world democracies. In theocracies of course, they either applaud us, or want to kill us for being a different theism than they are.

I don't vote for theocrats.
To cut some folks off at the pass, I don't advocate for violence, oppression, genocide, war, hatred or intolerance. Instead, I advocate for education, organization, activism, and the democratic process. ~~ KtR
Keep The Reason

Affiliation: Reasonist

Re: Marco Rubio... Focus on Eternity

Postby Particles » Thu Jan 07, 2016 4:29 pm

But it doesn't even look sincere. I believe it from Cruz and Carson, but not Rubio.
Particles

Affiliation: Gnostic atheist

Postby Keep The Reason » Thu Jan 07, 2016 5:40 pm

Particles wrote:But it doesn't even look sincere. I believe it from Cruz and Carson, but not Rubio.

And that's better how...?
To cut some folks off at the pass, I don't advocate for violence, oppression, genocide, war, hatred or intolerance. Instead, I advocate for education, organization, activism, and the democratic process. ~~ KtR
Keep The Reason

Affiliation: Reasonist

Postby Aaron » Thu Jan 07, 2016 8:38 pm

It's not, this is totally subjective and of no value to anyone else, but I've not gotten a good vibe from him when listening to him in the past.
"I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else" - C.S. Lewis
Aaron

Affiliation: Christian

Postby tirtlegrrl » Fri Jan 22, 2016 1:51 pm

Thumbs down to Rubio for use of contentless jargon that shows us only that he knows what phrases will appeal to evangelicals. For example some Christians "plan for eternity" by working to preserve the environment we have as good stewards, while others pooh-pooh the environment because they think Jesus is coming back soon.
"I think it was, 'Blessed are the cheesemakers.'" -Monty Python's Life of Brian
tirtlegrrl

Affiliation: Whatever is both true AND good

Postby Simplyme » Fri Jan 22, 2016 2:09 pm

Particles wrote:But it doesn't even look sincere. I believe it from Cruz and Carson, but not Rubio.

Does him being insincere make it better or worst?
I find it rather amusing, when thought of as ignorant or stupid(though I can be on many subjects). Especially by those who believe in a deity up in heaven watching our every move, and rewarding or punishing us after we have expired.
Simplyme

Return to Politics