Trump... A Match Made in Heaven (TM)

Callers to action, creators of Superpacs, and championers of causes great and small unite! Air all your political thoughts here. Whitened teeth, dyed hair, and spray-on tans not required but preferred.

Re: Trump... A Match Made in Heaven (TM)

Postby Aaron » Wed Mar 02, 2016 9:33 pm

Jesus Raves wrote:You completely ignored where I demonstrated that your belief is logically inconsistent. What's your response to that?

I do not see the inconsistency. People are corrupt, God is perfect. That does not mean that people shouldn't do good or shouldn't try to be good. We are still responsible for what we do, but God is the only one who is perfect. Thus I believe to place one's faith in a person is foolish, for people will always let you down eventually, God is the only one who will never let you down. But that doesn't mean we give up, that doesn't mean we don't try to do good. And all of this should eventually point to the gospel message, repentance and forgiveness of sins.
"I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else" - C.S. Lewis
Aaron

Affiliation: Christian

Postby Aaron » Wed Mar 02, 2016 9:34 pm

Keep The Reason wrote:
Aaron wrote:We need God.

I absolutely agree with you that you need god. You need him big time, that is for sure.

So here's what you do. Anyone is free to write in the best candidate he or she thinks will do the best job. Stick to your principles, and write in Jesus. You will have voted, and you will have voted the best imaginable candidate. Why, he's not even dead!

And I say that to all Christians who are in this dilemma. Please, vote according to your staunchly and deeply held convictions, and vote Jesus. He's the perfect candidate for you all. Millions of you, all voting for Jesus! Think of it! Think of how blessed our nation would be!

Why, it's enough to make baby Jesus laugh.

The ironic thing is, though you're making a joke really he's already in charge.
"I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else" - C.S. Lewis
Aaron

Postby Keep The Reason » Thu Mar 03, 2016 8:03 am

Aaron wrote:The ironic thing is, though you're making a joke really he's already in charge.

Well he's doing a shitty job. I'd fire him.

But since you believe that, stay home on election day. You already have your leader

And it's not a joke. My cousin is writing in her dog because she cannot in good conscience accept anyone who is running. She has principles and they are admirable.

Another cousin, the born again Christian one, agreed that Trump was a complete nightmare but he would vote for the racist guy who wants Muslims to wear badges, who would ban an entire group of humans based on their religion from entering the country, who would deport American citizens back to their countries because their parent were not legal, who would build a wall much like the wall which divided Europe for 50 years, who advocates murdering the families of terrorists-- which is a war crime by the way, who has racist groups fervently advocating for him and whom he balks at disavowing, who panders to the Christians blatantly and makes them look like ignoramuses who will fall on their faces for anyone who mouths platitudes at them (this last one is kind of the actual truth), who is a wealthy wall street sham artist who is deeply embedded in the very system he denounces in order to get elected, who ran a con artist University, who declares bankruptcies like they are pancakes, who incites and encourages mob violence against protesters, who trades out wives for the next hotter younger model every ten years, and who said on national TV that he'd "date" his own daughter if only she wasn't his daughter...

Because anything is better than Hillary.

That's some serious mental illness. My one cousin, who write in her dog, is principled. My other cousin? The one who loves Jesus over everything else and would vote in the guy who Jesus would look at and run out of the temple? That cousin has no moral compass that I can find. He's fucking crazy.

Some people here remind me of him.
To cut some folks off at the pass, I don't advocate for violence, oppression, genocide, war, hatred or intolerance. Instead, I advocate for education, organization, activism, and the democratic process. ~~ KtR
Keep The Reason

Affiliation: Reasonist

Postby Simplyme » Thu Mar 03, 2016 8:50 am

The ironic thing is, though you're making a joke really he's already in charge.

If only you xtians truly believed this. Then you would all just stay home on election day. How can you truly believe the bullshit that he is already in charge and then go on and complain on how bad our country is doing(republicans are yelling this). If he is in charge then shit maybe he needs to be put back on a cross and sacrificed, because he is doing a shitty job(according to you guys).
I find it rather amusing, when thought of as ignorant or stupid(though I can be on many subjects). Especially by those who believe in a deity up in heaven watching our every move, and rewarding or punishing us after we have expired.
Simplyme

Postby Keep The Reason » Thu Mar 03, 2016 10:48 am

Aaron wrote:That does not mean that people shouldn't do good or shouldn't try to be good. We are still responsible for what we do, but God is the only one who is perfect.

Then why do you support someone like Cruz who would harm gays and their freedom to marry whom they want, take reproductive freedom away from women, who would shut down healthcare for millions of poor people, who would enhance corporations and wealth, diametrically opposite Jesus' major preaching against wealth, and who would close the door behind himself to shut out immigrants? With the exception of the considering of women as third class citizens, which in Jesus' time would have defined his approach top them as well, Cruz is diametrically opposite to all of Jesus' teachings.

Why would you not support progressives who are for the weakest among us? The very people that Jesus himself moved among and tried to help? Instead, you're for the guys who would make their lives even more miserable. You know all those guys you support? According to your god, they will be the one least in your imaginary Kingdom. And as their support system, you'll be right there alongside of them.

According to your bible, that is.

Thus I believe to place one's faith in a person is foolish, for people will always let you down eventually,

Then do not vote for people! You said you want to do good, so DO IT. Protest the lack of choices and write in JESUS. Here you are, complaining about how people are corrupt, and you're behaving corruptly. You're literally abandoning your own principles by voting for a corrupt human being while mouthing empty platitudes about "doing good". Do good. Stay home or write in Jesus as a protest!

God is the only one who will never let you down.

Let's ALL vote for him then. And guess what will happen on Jan 20th 2017?

The fucking White House will be completely empty.

But that doesn't mean we give up, that doesn't mean we don't try to do good.

So put your money where your mouth is. Do good and do not vote for any corrupt people. Vote for Jesus.

And all of this should eventually point to the gospel message, repentance and forgiveness of sins.

Once Jesus gets elected he can work towards dismantling the Constitution in favor of the New Testament. And then we can all live in a theocratic dictatorship, which now allows you to describe what your Utopia would be over in Stacie's Thread, here
To cut some folks off at the pass, I don't advocate for violence, oppression, genocide, war, hatred or intolerance. Instead, I advocate for education, organization, activism, and the democratic process. ~~ KtR
Keep The Reason

Postby Jesus Raves » Thu Mar 03, 2016 3:01 pm

Aaron wrote:I do not see the inconsistency. People are corrupt, God is perfect. That does not mean that people shouldn't do good or shouldn't try to be good. We are still responsible for what we do, but God is the only one who is perfect. Thus I believe to place one's faith in a person is foolish, for people will always let you down eventually, God is the only one who will never let you down. But that doesn't mean we give up, that doesn't mean we don't try to do good. And all of this should eventually point to the gospel message, repentance and forgiveness of sins.

Are you rescinding or amending the statement about good people and good leaders?

I'm sure you understand this, but for clarity's sake, logical inconsistency is demonstrated when (according to changingminds.org), "Multiple statements are given which contradict one another."

You said that no one is good except God. But immediately prior to that, you'd stated that we the people must be good to find good leaders.

If you cannot see the logical inconsistency in those obviously conflicting ideas, then you are so woefully blinded by your religious ideology that basic, obvious logic--logic that should be readily apparent to a mind such as yours--eludes you. However, I suspect you understand--consciously or not--that these two beliefs you hold are contradictory.
Jesus Raves

Affiliation: Anti-Labelist

Postby Stacie Cook » Thu Mar 03, 2016 3:48 pm

http://www.nbc.com/the-tonight-show/vid ... on/2995620

Well.... For what it is worth! At least there is some good cntent for SNL and Jimmy Fallon....
If you want to meet God... then the cross is the place to which you go. - Alistair Begg
Stacie Cook

Affiliation: Hypocritical Christian

Postby Stacie Cook » Thu Mar 03, 2016 3:49 pm

There are a couple other options...

If you want to meet God... then the cross is the place to which you go. - Alistair Begg
Stacie Cook

Postby Aaron » Thu Mar 03, 2016 11:17 pm

Keep The Reason wrote:
Aaron wrote:That does not mean that people shouldn't do good or shouldn't try to be good. We are still responsible for what we do, but God is the only one who is perfect.

Then why do you support someone like Cruz who would harm gays and their freedom to marry whom they want, take reproductive freedom away from women, who would shut down healthcare for millions of poor people, who would enhance corporations and wealth, diametrically opposite Jesus' major preaching against wealth, and who would close the door behind himself to shut out immigrants? With the exception of the considering of women as third class citizens, which in Jesus' time would have defined his approach top them as well, Cruz is diametrically opposite to all of Jesus' teachings.

Why would you not support progressives who are for the weakest among us? The very people that Jesus himself moved among and tried to help? Instead, you're for the guys who would make their lives even more miserable. You know all those guys you support? According to your god, they will be the one least in your imaginary Kingdom. And as their support system, you'll be right there alongside of them.

According to your bible, that is.

Thus I believe to place one's faith in a person is foolish, for people will always let you down eventually,

Then do not vote for people! You said you want to do good, so DO IT. Protest the lack of choices and write in JESUS. Here you are, complaining about how people are corrupt, and you're behaving corruptly. You're literally abandoning your own principles by voting for a corrupt human being while mouthing empty platitudes about "doing good". Do good. Stay home or write in Jesus as a protest!

God is the only one who will never let you down.

Let's ALL vote for him then. And guess what will happen on Jan 20th 2017?

The fucking White House will be completely empty.

But that doesn't mean we give up, that doesn't mean we don't try to do good.

So put your money where your mouth is. Do good and do not vote for any corrupt people. Vote for Jesus.

And all of this should eventually point to the gospel message, repentance and forgiveness of sins.

Once Jesus gets elected he can work towards dismantling the Constitution in favor of the New Testament. And then we can all live in a theocratic dictatorship, which now allows you to describe what your Utopia would be over in Stacie's Thread, here

I voted so that the least bad person would win, what is wrong with that? It's like the plane is going down, but we can either land in the soft trees or we can get smoked by the craggily mountain peaks.
Last edited by Aaron on Thu Mar 03, 2016 11:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Aaron

Postby Aaron » Thu Mar 03, 2016 11:22 pm

Jesus Raves wrote:Are you rescinding or amending the statement about good people and good leaders?

I'm sure you understand this, but for clarity's sake, logical inconsistency is demonstrated when (according to changingminds.org), "Multiple statements are given which contradict one another."

You said that no one is good except God. But immediately prior to that, you'd stated that we the people must be good to find good leaders.

If you cannot see the logical inconsistency in those obviously conflicting ideas, then you are so woefully blinded by your religious ideology that basic, obvious logic--logic that should be readily apparent to a mind such as yours--eludes you. However, I suspect you understand--consciously or not--that these two beliefs you hold are contradictory.

They are not contradictory. Just because I fall to a temptation every time I face it doesn't mean that I like when I fall to the temptation, I could very well hate that I fall. And as I said before this all ought to point us to the gospel message, for there is hope.
Aaron

Postby Jesus Raves » Fri Mar 04, 2016 1:07 am

Other forum people, am I wrong in saying that those two statements are logically inconsistent? I'm genuinely curious if I'm missing something.
Jesus Raves

Affiliation: Anti-Labelist

Postby Stacie Cook » Fri Mar 04, 2016 8:04 am

If I am understanding right, Aaron is speaking of perhaps levels of 'goodness'.
God is completely good.

People can be good. Not ever completely good, but certainly can have some amount of good in them. It's the whole Romans 7 thing. I do things I wish I didn't do (yell at my kids, get angry, impatient). We can certainly try to be the best we can be.
I don't know if that is what Aaron is saying or not, just a thought....
Stacie Cook

Postby Simplyme » Fri Mar 04, 2016 8:48 am

I voted so that the least bad person would win, what is wrong with that? It's like the plane is going down, but we can either land in the soft trees or we can get smoked by the craggily mountain peaks.

But why vote at all, it does not matter, "god's will be done" regardless? So it does not matter if you land on soft trees or get smoked by the craggily mountain peaks. If your god wants everyone on the plane to die a horrible death, even landing on soft trees will not stop your god from killing them all. God's will be done.
I find it rather amusing, when thought of as ignorant or stupid(though I can be on many subjects). Especially by those who believe in a deity up in heaven watching our every move, and rewarding or punishing us after we have expired.
Simplyme

Postby Keep The Reason » Fri Mar 04, 2016 2:35 pm

I voted so that the least bad person would win, what is wrong with that? It's like the plane is going down, but we can either land in the soft trees or we can get smoked by the craggily mountain peaks

Planes crashing into forests don't land on "soft trees".

Sometimes things you write are just so incredibly... Never mind. I don't feel like insulting you.

Secondly -- Your problem is your "least bad person" isn't going to win the nomination. Drumpf is almost certainly going to, and if he doesn't then he'll go independent (you really should hope it goes that way so at least you can vote for a loser like Cruz and sleep at night)

I've been asking a few of my conservative family members who claim they hate Drumpf, "Well if he's the nominee would you vote for him anyway?"

Oh, yes, of course they will because party loyalty. Mind boggling. Sometimes I agree with Christians that human beings are just no damned good. Maybe we do deserve extinction.
Keep The Reason

Postby Aaron » Wed Mar 09, 2016 11:51 pm

Stacie Cook wrote:If I am understanding right, Aaron is speaking of perhaps levels of 'goodness'.
God is completely good.

People can be good. Not ever completely good, but certainly can have some amount of good in them. It's the whole Romans 7 thing. I do things I wish I didn't do (yell at my kids, get angry, impatient). We can certainly try to be the best we can be.
I don't know if that is what Aaron is saying or not, just a thought....

Levels yes, I suppose. But what I'm really trying to get at is that a person can be both not good and at the same time feel a wish to be good, even if they are never able to be good. Like a person with an addiction who wants to be free of their addiction, but can never overcome their addiction.
Aaron

PreviousNext

Return to Politics