Neoliberalism

Callers to action, creators of Superpacs, and championers of causes great and small unite! Air all your political thoughts here. Whitened teeth, dyed hair, and spray-on tans not required but preferred.

Neoliberalism

Postby Tim-the-Hermit » Sat Apr 16, 2016 12:22 pm

This seems like an accurate but depressing piece by Mr Monbiot:

http://www.theguardian.com/books/2016/a ... ge-monbiot

I often wonder if we can really say that we live in a democracy, with the way things seem to be manipulated. For example, a lot of the news reports about the contest between Bernie Sanders and Hillary Clinton seem to suggest that it's all over for Sanders, even though he is still well in it and there are more results to come in. If a person tried to influence the outcome of a court case like this, he could get into serious trouble, and you could argue that an election is far more serious than a court case, because it affects a lot more people.
Tim-the-Hermit
veteran
veteran

Affiliation: soft atheist

Re: Neoliberalism

Postby mitchellmckain » Sat Apr 16, 2016 12:52 pm

It looks more murky to me than accurate. Rather than elucidation, I see half-truths mixed with profound lies. But, what else can you expect of a Neoliberal critique of Neoliberalism?
Out of Skull for the Stars My first book is now available on Amazon.com
mitchellmckain

Affiliation: Christian

Re: Neoliberalism

Postby Tim-the-Hermit » Sat Apr 16, 2016 2:29 pm

Do writers sometimes use half-truths to trick people into swallowing a whole argument, is that what you mean? The truth parts jump out at you and you assume the rest is true?
Tim-the-Hermit
veteran
veteran

Affiliation: soft atheist

Return to Politics