The loons are in town.....

Callers to action, creators of Superpacs, and championers of causes great and small unite! Air all your political thoughts here. Whitened teeth, dyed hair, and spray-on tans not required but preferred.

The loons are in town.....

Postby Stacie Cook » Tue May 03, 2016 7:07 am

I knew the candidates were in Indy, but I did not realize they were coming to my local city of Carmel. Yesterday I was driving my son to physical therapy. I noticed lots of police cars and people walking and a few tshirt shops along the side of the road. I rolled my window down and I heard Donald Trump's voice over a speaker. I said, "Guys, I think that is Donald Trump speaking." My kids asked what was going on. I said that politicians are in town. One of my girls said, "Does that mean we buy tshirts when politicians are in town?" Ha! This is the closest I have been to a celebrity/politician.....
Unless you count the time I touched Debbie Gibson's hand at a concert.

I did not see Hilary Clinton or Ted Cruz or Larry David...... er uh Bernie Sanders.
If you want to meet God... then the cross is the place to which you go. - Alistair Begg
Stacie Cook

Affiliation: Hypocritical Christian

Re: The loons are in town.....

Postby Clare » Tue May 03, 2016 9:42 am

Stacie Cook wrote:I knew the candidates were in Indy, but I did not realize they were coming to my local city of Carmel. Yesterday I was driving my son to physical therapy. I noticed lots of police cars and people walking and a few tshirt shops along the side of the road. I rolled my window down and I heard Donald Trump's voice over a speaker. I said, "Guys, I think that is Donald Trump speaking." My kids asked what was going on. I said that politicians are in town. One of my girls said, "Does that mean we buy tshirts when politicians are in town?" Ha! This is the closest I have been to a celebrity/politician.....
Unless you count the time I touched Debbie Gibson's hand at a concert.

I did not see Hilary Clinton or Ted Cruz or Larry David...... er uh Bernie Sanders.

Haha that must've been pretty exciting for you and surreal to just hear Trump talking. Bernie Sanders came here to Spokane not too long ago. My sister went to go see him and I would've gone too but had to work. Her and I also went and saw Obama when we were living in Missoula, MT and he came to the University there to speak. It was when he was running for President and he waved to my sister.
Clare

Affiliation: Catholic

Postby Keep The Reason » Tue May 03, 2016 12:46 pm

Stacie Cook wrote:Debbie Gibson's hand at a concert.

Was it still attached to her arm?
To cut some folks off at the pass, I don't advocate for violence, oppression, genocide, war, hatred or intolerance. Instead, I advocate for education, organization, activism, and the democratic process. ~~ KtR
Keep The Reason

Affiliation: Reasonist

Postby Stacie Cook » Tue May 03, 2016 1:45 pm

Ha! No.
Out of the Blue she was hit by Electric Youth. It was Only in My Dreams.
If you want to meet God... then the cross is the place to which you go. - Alistair Begg
Stacie Cook

Affiliation: Hypocritical Christian

Postby Rian » Wed May 04, 2016 12:20 am

Stacie Cook wrote:I knew the candidates were in Indy, but I did not realize they were coming to my local city of Carmel.

Hey, I'm going to be going thru Indianapolis in two weeks on my way home from my son's graduation - I'll wave to you! :smt006
"Aurë entuluva! Auta i lómë!" ("Day shall come again! The night is passing!") -- from JRR Tolkien's The Silmarillion

Christianity is the red pill - go for it! Seek the truth, wherever it leads you.
Rian

Affiliation: Christian/truth-seeker

Postby Clare » Sat May 07, 2016 10:47 pm

Trump spoke here at the Spokane Convention Center today. A large crowd was outside protesting against him. My sister, her son and I drove by honking in support and received a lot of cheers haha.
Clare

Affiliation: Catholic

Postby Jesus Raves » Sat May 07, 2016 11:17 pm

Clare wrote:Trump spoke here at the Spokane Convention Center today. A large crowd was outside protesting against him. My sister, her son and I drove by honking in support and received a lot of cheers haha.

In support of whom?
Jesus Raves

Affiliation: Anti-Labelist

Return to Politics