This Insane Political Season

Callers to action, creators of Superpacs, and championers of causes great and small unite! Air all your political thoughts here. Whitened teeth, dyed hair, and spray-on tans not required but preferred.

Re: This Insane Political Season

Postby Rian » Mon Oct 10, 2016 4:15 pm

We need a good round of bad lipreading - politics : here
"Aurë entuluva! Auta i lómë!" ("Day shall come again! The night is passing!") -- from JRR Tolkien's The Silmarillion

Christianity is the red pill - go for it! Seek the truth, wherever it leads you.
Rian

Affiliation: Christian/truth-seeker

Postby Rian » Mon Nov 07, 2016 10:59 pm

ok - only a few hours away from the time to dress all in black (I swear I'm going to do that!) and head to the polls ... :(
"Aurë entuluva! Auta i lómë!" ("Day shall come again! The night is passing!") -- from JRR Tolkien's The Silmarillion

Christianity is the red pill - go for it! Seek the truth, wherever it leads you.
Rian

Postby Rian » Tue Nov 08, 2016 11:44 pm

I ended up not wearing all black. As I went into my closet to pick out my clothes, my eye fell on my Darth Vader t-shirt, and I decided to wear that instead. That's how I feel about these two candidates.

Rian

Postby searchengineguy » Wed Nov 09, 2016 12:11 am

Rian wrote:I ended up not wearing all black. As I went into my closet to pick out my clothes, my eye fell on my Darth Vader t-shirt, and I decided to wear that instead. That's how I feel about these two candidates.

From over here it seems that on one side you have an hysterical woman, and on the other you have Hilary Clinton.
Frisbeetarianism: is the belief that when you die, your soul goes up on the roof and gets stuck.
- George Carlin.
searchengineguy

Affiliation: Strict Atheist

Postby searchengineguy » Wed Nov 09, 2016 12:17 am

Rian wrote:We need a good round of bad lipreading - politics : here

:smt043 :smt043
Frisbeetarianism: is the belief that when you die, your soul goes up on the roof and gets stuck.
- George Carlin.
searchengineguy

Postby searchengineguy » Wed Nov 09, 2016 4:13 am

Simplyme wrote:Just what we need...more bullshit.

I don't know much about how much Trump is serious about world affairs, but this worried me a lot:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2016/09/07/donald-trump-said-he-had-a-secret-plan-to-defeat-isis-as-of-now-hes-not-planning-to-use-it/

Donald Trump has long assured us that he has a very real — and very good — plan to defeat the Islamic State. But he couldn't share the details of it.

He has been talking about this secret plan, in fact, for more than a year. He has said it was "foolproof" and "absolute" in its effectiveness. But he had his reasons not to talk about it.

"I don’t want the enemy to know what I’m doing," Trump told Fox News in May 2015, the month before launching his presidential campaign. "Unfortunately, I’ll probably have to tell at some point, but there is a method of defeating them quickly and effectively and having total victory.”

He added: “All I can tell you it is a foolproof way of winning, and I’m not talking about what some people would say, but it is a foolproof way of winning the war with ISIS." ISIS is an alternative acronym for the Islamic State.

Then, in a June 2015 meeting with the Des Moines Register editorial board, he offered a different reason for keeping the plan under wraps — that his opponents would steal it. "The problem with politics is if I tell you right now, everyone else is going to say, 'Wow, what a great idea.' You're going to have 10 candidates go and use it, and they're going to forget where it came from, which is me. But no, I have an absolute way of defeating ISIS."

As Bill Maher said on HBO - something like, 'the jihadists once they conquer their own country they are coming to take over America. Sure they are coming over in their 1970 pickup trucks and drive over here. But then they hear that Trump is in charge. Oh no, our powerful desert god has no power over Donald Trumps deals!"

Scary stuff eh?
- George Carlin.
searchengineguy

Postby Rian » Wed Nov 09, 2016 3:07 pm

searchengineguy wrote:

"Look, Bill, it's a penguin!" :D

I love bad lipreading videos! :D

Rian

Postby searchengineguy » Wed Nov 09, 2016 3:46 pm

Rian wrote:
searchengineguy wrote:

"Look, Bill, it's a penguin!" :D

I love bad lipreading videos! :D

Yeah me too! It's even funnier when you make them yourself. We used to do that sort of thing when we were goofing off at the fire station.
- George Carlin.
searchengineguy

Postby Rian » Wed Nov 09, 2016 9:46 pm

Were you a firefighter? (excuse my tired brain if you've said that before)

Rian

Postby Rian » Wed Nov 09, 2016 9:48 pm

I didn't hear all of it, but what I did hear of Clinton's speech was very classy.

Rian

Postby Keep The Reason » Thu Nov 10, 2016 1:34 am

We're fucked.
To cut some folks off at the pass, I don't advocate for violence, oppression, genocide, war, hatred or intolerance. Instead, I advocate for education, organization, activism, and the democratic process. ~~ KtR
Keep The Reason

Affiliation: Reasonist

Postby searchengineguy » Fri Nov 11, 2016 7:47 am

Rian wrote:Were you a firefighter? (excuse my tired brain if you've said that before)

Yes, I spent 7 years as a cop and 25 years as a firefighter and Station Officer. I also ran 3 separate small businesses for 35 years and coached/competed in table tennis during the same period. Oh yeah and I am blessed with a very flexible wife and two kids. :)
- George Carlin.
searchengineguy

Postby Rian » Fri Nov 11, 2016 9:05 pm

No kidding! :D

Rian

Previous

Return to Politics