A Trumpian Lineup

Callers to action, creators of Superpacs, and championers of causes great and small unite! Air all your political thoughts here. Whitened teeth, dyed hair, and spray-on tans not required but preferred.

A Trumpian Lineup

Postby Keep The Reason » Sun Sep 18, 2016 10:39 am

This picture, from Facebook, under Donald Trump for President, is making the rounds and is a glance into our more and more likely future.

Imagine this line up. Imagine it. And remember, the next administration will pick maybe up to THREE Supreme Court justices and they will likely be young enough to sit on the bench for maybe 30 years. Bye bye America.

FB_IMG_1474219864228.jpg
FB_IMG_1474219864228.jpg (119.62 KiB) Viewed 424 times
To cut some folks off at the pass, I don't advocate for violence, oppression, genocide, war, hatred or intolerance. Instead, I advocate for education, organization, activism, and the democratic process. ~~ KtR
Keep The Reason

Affiliation: Reasonist

Re: A Trumpian Lineup

Postby Aaron » Sun Sep 18, 2016 11:05 am

The latest attacks in NY and Minnesota are only going to feed into Trump's mindset. I worry that we are in danger of becoming Germany before the Nazi party took control.
"I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else" - C.S. Lewis
Aaron

Affiliation: Christian

Postby Keep The Reason » Sun Sep 18, 2016 11:55 am

Aaron wrote:The latest attacks in NY and Minnesota are only going to feed into Trump's mindset. I worry that we are in danger of becoming Germany before the Nazi party took control.

We already are at that point. The question is, does the electorate hand Trump the White House?
To cut some folks off at the pass, I don't advocate for violence, oppression, genocide, war, hatred or intolerance. Instead, I advocate for education, organization, activism, and the democratic process. ~~ KtR
Keep The Reason

Postby Simplyme » Sun Sep 18, 2016 3:58 pm

I just shit my freaking pants. THE HORROR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
I find it rather amusing, when thought of as ignorant or stupid(though I can be on many subjects). Especially by those who believe in a deity up in heaven watching our every move, and rewarding or punishing us after we have expired.
Simplyme

Postby Keep The Reason » Sun Sep 18, 2016 9:35 pm

Oh yeah, you should. Electoral College tightened, and now Florida (the state that gave us Bush and 2 wars and a crushed economy) is now expected to go to Trump.

And he hardly has any in state campaign offices. I think in Florida he has a whopping 2.

We're basically fucked.

Race tightens
Keep The Reason

Postby Aaron » Tue Sep 20, 2016 7:29 am

Keep The Reason wrote:Oh yeah, you should. Electoral College tightened, and now Florida (the state that gave us Bush and 2 wars and a crushed economy) is now expected to go to Trump.

And he hardly has any in state campaign offices. I think in Florida he has a whopping 2.

We're basically fucked.

Race tightens

That's the thing, he doesn't seem to be even trying, from my perspective he's run a terrible campaign so far, he always seems to stick his foot in his mouth about something totally stupid just when he could really be blasting Hillary (rightfully or wrongfully, its all about how the public is perceiving it, which is not something I personally agree with, but it just is what it is), but he seems to be a bumbling buffoon as far as how skilled he is with maneuvering and using circumstances to his benefit as they arise, yet he's still in the race! I can't hardly believe it.
"I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else" - C.S. Lewis
Aaron

Postby spongebob » Tue Sep 20, 2016 6:51 pm

I'm beginning to blame Hillary for this debacle. I'm pretty sure there are at least a dozen boring, average, run of the mill Democrats who would be leading by 25 percentage points at this time in the race.

Meanwhile, news agencies are reporting that there are indisputable reports documenting Trump misusing funds from his own charitable foundation to pay for things like fines and portraits of himself. But do his supporters care? Nooooooo. Basically, Trump could walk up to anyone on the street, pull out a gun and shoot them in the head and wouldn't miss a beat. His supporters will vote for him NO MATTER WHAT!
Man is a credulous animal, and must believe something; in the absence of good grounds for belief, he will be satisfied with bad ones.
~Bertrand Russell

:spongeb:
spongebob

Affiliation: Humanist - Bright

Postby Keep The Reason » Wed Sep 21, 2016 8:26 am

spongebob wrote:I'm beginning to blame Hillary for this debacle. I'm pretty sure there are at least a dozen boring, average, run of the mill Democrats who would be leading by 25 percentage points at this time in the race.

Yep she was always a lousy choice. So much baggage. Bernie was the far better choice. But he wasn't establishment so he got the door.

Basically, America gets the leaders it deserves. Obama was a disappointment in a lot of ways as well.

I really feel sorry for the next couple of generations. If Trump wins, the Supreme Court will have 1, possibly 3 replacements (Scalia, Ginsburg who is like 250 years old and there are hints of Thomas wanting out). Imagine a SCOTUS peopled by Trump picks. Bye bye, America.

People are so damned stupid. They will be living with a Trump legacy far longer than a 4 or 8 year stint. And they never learn. For the last 8 years we've been living under a Bush legacy of Middle East turmoil ramped up by his stupid wars, the cost in trillions, and a shattered economy... All under 1 imbecile President Bush.

Meanwhile, news agencies are reporting that there are indisputable reports documenting Trump misusing funds from his own charitable foundation to pay for things like fines and portraits of himself. But do his supporters care? Nooooooo. Basically, Trump could walk up to anyone on the street, pull out a gun and shoot them in the head and wouldn't miss a beat. His supporters will vote for him NO MATTER WHAT!

That's right, he even said he could do this.

And what's most amazing is this out and out conman is looking his supporters in the eye and saying to them, "You're next, suckers" and they do not see it.

I remember when I lived in NYC, people would do 3 card Monte scams. And I used to watch person after person watching other people lose and then think it wouldn't happen to them. That they were somehow special. I would even warn the suckers, "You just saw 5 people ahead of you get taken, why do you think you're any different?" Yet they did, and the conman never said anything to me about warning his marks. So one day I asked him why he didn't stop me from warning his victims. an. "You ain't warning them," he laughed, "you're making 'em braver."

I stopped warning them.
Keep The Reason

Postby Aaron » Wed Sep 21, 2016 9:13 am

Keep The Reason wrote:
spongebob wrote:I'm beginning to blame Hillary for this debacle. I'm pretty sure there are at least a dozen boring, average, run of the mill Democrats who would be leading by 25 percentage points at this time in the race.

Yep she was always a lousy choice. So much baggage. Bernie was the far better choice. But he wasn't establishment so he got the door.

Basically, America gets the leaders it deserves. Obama was a disappointment in a lot of ways as well.

I really feel sorry for the next couple of generations. If Trump wins, the Supreme Court will have 1, possibly 3 replacements (Scalia, Ginsburg who is like 250 years old and there are hints of Thomas wanting out). Imagine a SCOTUS peopled by Trump picks. Bye bye, America.

People are so damned stupid. They will be living with a Trump legacy far longer than a 4 or 8 year stint. And they never learn. For the last 8 years we've been living under a Bush legacy of Middle East turmoil ramped up by his stupid wars, the cost in trillions, and a shattered economy... All under 1 imbecile President Bush.

That's right, he even said he could do this.

And what's most amazing is this out and out conman is looking his supporters in the eye and saying to them, "You're next, suckers" and they do not see it.

I remember when I lived in NYC, people would do 3 card Monte scams. And I used to watch person after person watching other people lose and then think it wouldn't happen to them. That they were somehow special. I would even warn the suckers, "You just saw 5 people ahead of you get taken, why do you think you're any different?" Yet they did, and the conman never said anything to me about warning his marks. So one day I asked him why he didn't stop me from warning his victims. an. "You ain't warning them," he laughed, "you're making 'em braver."

I stopped warning them.

Honestly, I think this post is spot on. We're getting what we deserve, we should be way more discerning than this.
Aaron

Return to Politics