Electoral College.

Callers to action, creators of Superpacs, and championers of causes great and small unite! Air all your political thoughts here. Whitened teeth, dyed hair, and spray-on tans not required but preferred.

Re: Electoral College.

Postby Jesus Raves » Fri Nov 11, 2016 10:28 pm

There you go. Thank you.
Jesus Raves

Affiliation: Anti-Labelist

Postby Clare » Fri Nov 11, 2016 10:29 pm

Jesus Raves wrote:
Clare wrote:
Jesus Raves wrote:I think Rian is encouraging you to engage in less talk and more action. You're saying it should be done, but you're not offering solutions. Sure, pointing out the problem is useful, but repeatedly pointing out the problem and doing nothing else becomes pointless.

I don't work in the Government but there is something myself and others have done. See below.

https://actionsprout.io/39C3FE?source=share

So, this is less of a petition for removing the electoral college, and more of a petition to encourage all states to join the National Popular Vote Interstate Compact which requires state electors to vote the popular vote in the state. Which is easier to do than amending the constitution.

There you go. Thank you.

So, this teaches you and Rian to not assume someone is all talk just because they didn't mention what they have done or what can be done. It's better to ask.
Clare

Affiliation: Catholic

Postby Jesus Raves » Fri Nov 11, 2016 11:15 pm

I was trying to get you to discuss your solution here, because your repeated pointing out of the problem was getting old. And look! That's exactly what happened :)
Jesus Raves

Postby Clare » Fri Nov 11, 2016 11:16 pm

Last edited by Clare on Fri Nov 11, 2016 11:37 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Clare

Postby Rian » Fri Nov 11, 2016 11:17 pm

OMG, JR, we've been taught! :D

:roll:

Clare, you're assuming that I was assuming that you were all talk.
"Aurë entuluva! Auta i lómë!" ("Day shall come again! The night is passing!") -- from JRR Tolkien's The Silmarillion

Christianity is the red pill - go for it! Seek the truth, wherever it leads you.
Rian

Affiliation: Christian/truth-seeker

Postby Clare » Fri Nov 11, 2016 11:23 pm

Rian wrote:Clare, you're assuming that I was assuming that you were all talk.

You said "Go for it!" which sounded to me like you're saying go do something about the Electoral College as if I haven't. Did I misunderstand?
Last edited by Clare on Fri Nov 11, 2016 11:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Clare

Postby Rian » Fri Nov 11, 2016 11:30 pm

Yes. I didn't even think about whether or not you had already done something. It was just an encouragement to work on it.
"Aurë entuluva! Auta i lómë!" ("Day shall come again! The night is passing!") -- from JRR Tolkien's The Silmarillion

Christianity is the red pill - go for it! Seek the truth, wherever it leads you.
Rian

Affiliation: Christian/truth-seeker

Postby Clare » Fri Nov 11, 2016 11:35 pm

Rian wrote:Yes. I didn't even think about whether or not you had already done something. It was just an encouragement to work on it.

Oh, okay. Thanks.

:]
Clare

Postby Clare » Fri Nov 11, 2016 11:38 pm

Jesus Raves wrote:I was trying to get you to discuss your solution here, because your repeated pointing out of the problem was getting old. And look! That's exactly what happened :)

That happened because you assumed I was no action, and it would've been best to ask if I have done anything, or know of something that can be done about it. That's all.
Clare

Postby Jesus Raves » Sat Nov 12, 2016 9:36 pm

I really don't care. I'm glad you brought up that anti-electoral college scheme. It's not ideal, but it could be a step in the right direction.
Jesus Raves

Postby Clare » Sat Nov 12, 2016 10:00 pm

I'n not surprised you don't care. But, it doesn't change the fact that it is better to ask. And, while that petition isn't for removing the electoral college, it does encourage all states to join the National Popular Vote Interstate Compact which requires state electors to vote the popular vote in the state. Which is easier to do than amending the constitution. Of course it's not ideal but it's something we can do.
Clare

Previous

Return to Politics