The coming war with China

Callers to action, creators of Superpacs, and championers of causes great and small unite! Air all your political thoughts here. Whitened teeth, dyed hair, and spray-on tans not required but preferred.

The coming war with China

Postby Moonwood the Hare » Sun Dec 11, 2016 11:33 am

John Pilger's new documentary. Begins by exploring US weapons testing in Micronesia. It's grim but well worth watching as Pilger always is. Bits are on Youtube but watch the whole two hours if you can and you will see that the US government is a massive force for evil and in spite of his fine words Obama was still a warmonger.
All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of thing shall be well.
Moonwood the Hare

Affiliation: Christian - pretty traditional

Re: The coming war with China

Postby spongebob » Sun Dec 11, 2016 5:42 pm

I have no idea what's in this documentary, so I would like to see it. You've set up a high degree of skepticism in me already with what you've said, so it's going to take some really good stuff to confirm this. But don't make any assumptions about my allegiances; I'm already convinced that the US essentially encouraged the Empire of Japan to become the WWII adversary that it was. The US, like all empirical nations, tramples around the world making as many enemies as friends, mistakes a successes. There's no telling what we haven't been told about China. And in case you missed it, Trump, not even officially in office, has already provoked China by calling Taiwan. So yeah, a war with China would not be a big surprise to me.
Man is a credulous animal, and must believe something; in the absence of good grounds for belief, he will be satisfied with bad ones.
~Bertrand Russell

:spongeb:
spongebob

Affiliation: Humanist - Bright

Postby Simplyme » Sun Dec 11, 2016 5:56 pm

Great....something else to stress about!!!!!!!!
I find it rather amusing, when thought of as ignorant or stupid(though I can be on many subjects). Especially by those who believe in a deity up in heaven watching our every move, and rewarding or punishing us after we have expired.
Simplyme

Postby Jesus Raves » Tue Dec 13, 2016 12:13 pm

"Evil" seems a bit dramatic from you, Moon. But I guess evil is one way to describe the US.
Jesus Raves

Affiliation: Anti-Labelist

Postby Keep The Reason » Tue Dec 13, 2016 2:54 pm

The US does evil shit all the time. Genocide of Native Americans. Slavery. Child Labor. Wars of aggression. Systemic racism. Resource selfishness. Nuclear War (yes, we used nukes twice on human populations. Who else has done that? No one? At least so far?). Chemical and biological war (Tuskagee Airmen). Toppling democratically elected governments. Transference of wealth. Systemic and pandemic corruption.

As individuals, Americans are robustly ignorant of the world outside of our borders, they are painfully illiterate about their own government and our constitution-- which effectively defines most Americans as illiterate about everything both outside and inside of our borders -- and they are just as tribalistic as a pack of chimpanzees.

I think we're in for a world war. There are signs of it everywhere. It's going to be bad.
To cut some folks off at the pass, I don't advocate for violence, oppression, genocide, war, hatred or intolerance. Instead, I advocate for education, organization, activism, and the democratic process. ~~ KtR
Keep The Reason

Affiliation: Reasonist

Postby Simplyme » Tue Dec 13, 2016 3:13 pm

Guys please..........I love to live in my ignorance.

Though I have been saying this for quite some years.
I find it rather amusing, when thought of as ignorant or stupid(though I can be on many subjects). Especially by those who believe in a deity up in heaven watching our every move, and rewarding or punishing us after we have expired.
Simplyme

Postby Aaron » Wed Dec 14, 2016 8:48 am

Lol, I'd like to see the documentary too. While we're here predicting doomsday stuff though I'd like to cast my vote for the economic side of the house. It is my belief that there is some major major ignorance on the part of the world population about how money actually works today in countries around the world. If we all understood what kind of a system we have it would change the way we talk about debt and government spending and most importantly how we feel about a one world system.
"I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else" - C.S. Lewis
Aaron

Affiliation: Christian

Postby spongebob » Wed Dec 14, 2016 5:09 pm

Pilger makes a lot of valid arguments, but you also have to consider the reality that there's valid reasons for the US to involved in Asian waters. There's also the other countries in that region to consider. It's easy to portray any one side of an issue, so you have to take in information from many perspectives to see the whole picture. I'm sure the U.S. has been interfering and intervening all over the world. Some of it is justified and some isn't but because of government secrecy its difficult to know the difference.
Man is a credulous animal, and must believe something; in the absence of good grounds for belief, he will be satisfied with bad ones.
~Bertrand Russell

:spongeb:
spongebob

Affiliation: Humanist - Bright

Postby Simplyme » Thu Dec 15, 2016 8:47 am

And herein lies the problem when dealing with humans. SIGH!!!!!!!
Simplyme

Return to Politics