Jesus' really bad weekend

Tired of wandering the lawless wilds of the AC&A forum? Have a friendly chat in our cozy, velvet-covered civility lounge. Alcohol not permitted, only the Kenny G button works on the jukebox. All undesirable types will be quietly escorted out the back door.

Re: Jesus' really bad weekend

Postby One16Unashamed » Wed Nov 04, 2015 11:01 am

Simplyme wrote:
I think you just haven't vetted the Bible and Christianity like you claim


Vetted the bible? I was raised in church, I was about to become a Pastor like my brother, sister, and father. Vetted the bible????? SHITTTTT


Then why make a sarcastic comment about my statement? If you claim to have a great knowledge of the Bible then you would know that my comment is in line with scripture. Either you knew it or you don't have the knowledge you claim to have.

The fact that you are a former penetacostle helps me to understand your lack of discernment concerning scripture. That form of Christianity cares not about discerning and understanding The Bible but about emotional experiences.
"In God you come up against something which is in every respect immeasurably superior to yourself. Unless you know God as that-and, therefore, know yourself as nothing in comparison-you do not know God." -C.S. Lewis, Mere Christianity
One16Unashamed
veteran
veteran
 
Posts: 615
Joined: Sun Dec 29, 2013 5:22 am
Affiliation: Christian

Re: Jesus' really bad weekend

Postby Simplyme » Wed Nov 04, 2015 11:05 am

One16Unashamed wrote:
Simplyme wrote:
I think you just haven't vetted the Bible and Christianity like you claim


Vetted the bible? I was raised in church, I was about to become a Pastor like my brother, sister, and father. Vetted the bible????? SHITTTTT


Then why make a sarcastic comment about my statement? If you claim to have a great knowledge of the Bible then you would know that my comment is in line with scripture. Either you knew it or you don't have the knowledge you claim to have.

The fact that you are a former penetacostle helps me to understand your lack of discernment concerning scripture. That form of Christianity cares not about discerning and understanding The Bible but about emotional experiences.



Did you just try and NOTRUESCOTSMAN me?

Emotional experience? That all religion, yours included. You are hilarious. and you wonder why I laugh at folks like you.
I find it rather amusing, when thought of as ignorant or stupid(though I can be on many subjects). Especially by those who believe in a deity up in heaven watching our every move, and rewarding or punishing us after we have expired.
Simplyme
Senior member
Senior member
 
Posts: 5953
Joined: Tue Feb 15, 2011 7:11 am

Re: Jesus' really bad weekend

Postby One16Unashamed » Wed Nov 04, 2015 11:35 am

Simplyme wrote:
One16Unashamed wrote:
Then why make a sarcastic comment about my statement? If you claim to have a great knowledge of the Bible then you would know that my comment is in line with scripture. Either you knew it or you don't have the knowledge you claim to have.

The fact that you are a former penetacostle helps me to understand your lack of discernment concerning scripture. That form of Christianity cares not about discerning and understanding The Bible but about emotional experiences.



Did you just try and NOTRUESCOTSMAN me?

Emotional experience? That all religion, yours included. You are hilarious. and you wonder why I laugh at folks like you.


Context is hard for you to understand, I didn't say Pentecostles are not Christians. This is why when atheist like yourself make this claim that you have throughly studied scripture, I don't believe you. Because you never could discern scripture and the claim you make about studying is false.
"In God you come up against something which is in every respect immeasurably superior to yourself. Unless you know God as that-and, therefore, know yourself as nothing in comparison-you do not know God." -C.S. Lewis, Mere Christianity
One16Unashamed
veteran
veteran
 
Posts: 615
Joined: Sun Dec 29, 2013 5:22 am
Affiliation: Christian

Re: Jesus' really bad weekend

Postby Simplyme » Wed Nov 04, 2015 1:32 pm

Context is hard for you to understand, I didn't say Pentecostles are not Christians. This is why when atheist like yourself make this claim that you have throughly studied scripture, I don't believe you. Because you never could discern scripture and the claim you make about studying is false.


Context is not hard for me to understand, stupidity is. So you are saying you are qualified to be able to discern scripture better then the "pentocostal" or the thousand of other religion you might disagree with? Aren't you special?!?
I find it rather amusing, when thought of as ignorant or stupid(though I can be on many subjects). Especially by those who believe in a deity up in heaven watching our every move, and rewarding or punishing us after we have expired.
Simplyme
Senior member
Senior member
 
Posts: 5953
Joined: Tue Feb 15, 2011 7:11 am

Re: Jesus' really bad weekend

Postby One16Unashamed » Wed Nov 04, 2015 7:08 pm

Simplyme wrote:Context is not hard for me to understand, stupidity is. So you are saying you are qualified to be able to discern scripture better then the "pentocostal" or the thousand of other religion you might disagree with? Aren't you special?!?


It must be hard for you...

Am I better qualified? Depends on how you define that. I know there isn't a lot of proper teaching on reading the Bible in context in the Pentecostle church. Matter of fact most baptists churches are failing at this also. Look up the term narcigesis and you will see what many people are teaching in churches.

I know several people, one close friend, my boss and several of you here that all deconverted from the Pentecostle church to atheism. That emotional high is not the Holy Spirit you were told it was, you figured it out. The Holy Spirit is not something you "tap into " to know God or to experience God.
"In God you come up against something which is in every respect immeasurably superior to yourself. Unless you know God as that-and, therefore, know yourself as nothing in comparison-you do not know God." -C.S. Lewis, Mere Christianity
One16Unashamed
veteran
veteran
 
Posts: 615
Joined: Sun Dec 29, 2013 5:22 am
Affiliation: Christian

Re: Jesus' really bad weekend

Postby Simplyme » Thu Nov 05, 2015 9:42 am

It must be hard for you...


Again it is not the context i'm having problems with.

Am I better qualified? Depends on how you define that. I know there isn't a lot of proper teaching on reading the Bible in context in the Pentecostle church. Matter of fact most baptists churches are failing at this also. Look up the term narcigesis and you will see what many people are teaching in churches.


What exactly is the "proper teaching" required for reading the bible?

So now Pentecostal and Baptist are doing it all wrong? That's some balls on you there!! So lets see they are all doing it wrong, which would lead to them not going to heaven........Damn you just threw them in to the fire..........Way to go.

So what denomination is doing things right? I assume your denomination, right?

I know several people, one close friend, my boss and several of you here that all deconverted from the Pentecostle church to atheism. That emotional high is not the Holy Spirit you were told it was, you figured it out. The Holy Spirit is not something you "tap into " to know God or to experience God.


Wow all those years wasted in my church(and all those others in Baptist and Pentecostal churches).....where were you when I(they) needed you? Why did your god allow me(them) to waste my(there) time in the wrong church? Does he not love me(them) as much as he loves you?
I find it rather amusing, when thought of as ignorant or stupid(though I can be on many subjects). Especially by those who believe in a deity up in heaven watching our every move, and rewarding or punishing us after we have expired.
Simplyme
Senior member
Senior member
 
Posts: 5953
Joined: Tue Feb 15, 2011 7:11 am

Re: Jesus' really bad weekend

Postby CL Moderator » Thu Nov 05, 2015 12:56 pm

* * * * General Warning and Announcement from the CL Moderators * * * *

This thread has been dancing around at the edges of the rules for some time in terms of insults and language, and is becoming increasingly angry in tone. We are also seeing a new element which has caused the moderators to work on an addition to our CL rules - we are seeing a kind of "fundy-ism" that is basically pronouncements of the type "I am right/you are wrong", especially in matters that are open to different interpretations or opinion, and this is really a discussion-killer. Examples are things like, "My interpretation of this Bible verse is the right one and your church is all wrong!" and "Obviously God doesn't exist and it's ridiculous to think he does!" Here in the CL, regardless of how you feel outside of the CL, your posts need to reflect an attitude of "there is at least a remote chance that I could be wrong and others could be right", because that attitude promotes discussion and exchange of thoughts and ideas, which is the whole purpose of the Civility Lounge.

We would like the input of the community on this, so we are opening up a discussion in the "Suggestion Box" thread, here, and would appreciate people's thoughts and suggestions for us to formulate into a new CL guideline.

In the meantime, however, the insults need to stop, or further action will be taken. We are more lenient about language, but if it goes much further, action will be taken. If the hostile tone and dogmatic language continues, we will shut down the thread for a brief "cool-down" period.

-- The CL moderator team
User avatar
CL Moderator
recruit
recruit
 
Posts: 37
Joined: Sat Jan 31, 2015 4:55 pm

Re: Jesus' really bad weekend

Postby Simplyme » Thu Nov 05, 2015 1:43 pm

You read that One16? No more "I am right, Pentecostal and Baptist are wrong" way of thinking. At least not here.
I find it rather amusing, when thought of as ignorant or stupid(though I can be on many subjects). Especially by those who believe in a deity up in heaven watching our every move, and rewarding or punishing us after we have expired.
Simplyme
Senior member
Senior member
 
Posts: 5953
Joined: Tue Feb 15, 2011 7:11 am

Re: Jesus' really bad weekend

Postby CL Moderator » Thu Nov 05, 2015 2:58 pm

* * * * * Reminder from the CL Moderators * * * * *

Please leave the moderating to us, especially when there are several other points in that warning that the other person might reasonably talk to you about.

Thank you,
The CL Moderator team
User avatar
CL Moderator
recruit
recruit
 
Posts: 37
Joined: Sat Jan 31, 2015 4:55 pm

Re: Jesus' really bad weekend

Postby Simplyme » Thu Nov 05, 2015 3:58 pm

I was not trying to moderate by saying that. And once again I get reprimanded right here on the forums instead of in private. I thought the rule was to reprimand someone in private and not on the forums? I have this whole "moderate" thing wrong....................
I find it rather amusing, when thought of as ignorant or stupid(though I can be on many subjects). Especially by those who believe in a deity up in heaven watching our every move, and rewarding or punishing us after we have expired.
Simplyme
Senior member
Senior member
 
Posts: 5953
Joined: Tue Feb 15, 2011 7:11 am

Re: Jesus' really bad weekend

Postby One16Unashamed » Thu Nov 05, 2015 5:31 pm

Simplyme wrote:You read that One16? No more "I am right, Pentecostal and Baptist are wrong" way of thinking. At least not here.


I think Pentecostle teachings of certain doctrines are wrong and if you look at the Biblical teachings, Historical context you can come to that conclusion.

On a side note, if I can't say that Jesus Christ is The only way of salvation and that He is who He claimed to be and that anyone that claims different is wrong. Then my belief is wrong, my savior was a liar and the Bible is false.
"In God you come up against something which is in every respect immeasurably superior to yourself. Unless you know God as that-and, therefore, know yourself as nothing in comparison-you do not know God." -C.S. Lewis, Mere Christianity
One16Unashamed
veteran
veteran
 
Posts: 615
Joined: Sun Dec 29, 2013 5:22 am
Affiliation: Christian

Re: Jesus' really bad weekend

Postby Simplyme » Thu Nov 05, 2015 8:37 pm

Then my belief is wrong, my savior was a liar and the Bible is false.


Finally came to the right conclusion. Congrats.
I find it rather amusing, when thought of as ignorant or stupid(though I can be on many subjects). Especially by those who believe in a deity up in heaven watching our every move, and rewarding or punishing us after we have expired.
Simplyme
Senior member
Senior member
 
Posts: 5953
Joined: Tue Feb 15, 2011 7:11 am

Re: Jesus' really bad weekend

Postby Og3 » Thu Nov 05, 2015 9:20 pm

Stacie Cook wrote:
Simplyme wrote:
I think you just haven't vetted the Bible and Christianity like you claim


Vetted the bible? I was raised in church, I was about to become a Pastor like my brother, sister, and father. Vetted the bible????? SHITTTTT


Based on my limited knowledge of your view of scripture, I applaud you and thank you for not going into ministry.


And I second that.
Og3
Senior member
Senior member
 
Posts: 1161
Joined: Sun Oct 11, 2015 12:46 am
Location: California, USA
Affiliation: Baptist (SBC)

Re: Jesus' really bad weekend

Postby Simplyme » Thu Nov 05, 2015 10:45 pm

You both are very welcome.
I find it rather amusing, when thought of as ignorant or stupid(though I can be on many subjects). Especially by those who believe in a deity up in heaven watching our every move, and rewarding or punishing us after we have expired.
Simplyme
Senior member
Senior member
 
Posts: 5953
Joined: Tue Feb 15, 2011 7:11 am

Re: Jesus' really bad weekend

Postby CL Moderator » Fri Nov 06, 2015 12:33 am

* * * * Moderator Announcement * * * *

Because the tone in this thread has continued to worsen, the CL moderators are locking this thread for 48 hours and asking people to join in the discussion about the new rule over in the Suggestion Box thread, starting here. We would greatly appreciate member input, and will take it into account as we formulate the new rule.

Thank you,
The CL Moderator team
User avatar
CL Moderator
recruit
recruit
 
Posts: 37
Joined: Sat Jan 31, 2015 4:55 pm

PreviousNext

Return to The Civility Lounge

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest