This site rocked.

Got something about the show that's rubbing you the wrong way? Want to get rubbed the right way? Let us know here.

This site rocked.

Postby Redpower » Sat Feb 21, 2009 2:51 pm

Notice I used past tense in the title of this thread. I say "rocked" because it currently doesn't rock. Why doesn't it rock anymore? Well, probably the fact that you've done one mediocre podcast in the last eight months. More evidence for the death of this site is made abundantly clear by the fact that the most bumped/visited section of the forums is a post about spammers. Why does anyone care about spammers? Well, spammers are the only people that keep this site going. It gives the hopelessly devoted something to do.

There is still plenty to talk about, and I'm growing increasingly impatient and disenchanted by your excuse of not being able to find a Christian counter. Perhaps you are busy with school and work; I am too, but that doesn't prevent me from checking this site or listening to a podcast. Either of those activities would take about as much time as actually doing a podcast would.

Please Emery, enough bullshit and more substantive podcasts more prolifically.

If you've lost your passion either pass it on or let it go with grace and stop pretending like you want to produce new material.

And for any of you who are tempted to argue with me: Stop trying to make up for your banal and boring writing style by debating a complaint I've made on a forum board asking for requests or COMPLAINTS. This is a complaint... Get it?
Hide Your Face
Redpower
resident
resident

Re: This site rocked.

Postby darkumbra » Sat Feb 21, 2009 2:57 pm

Redpower wrote:Notice I used past tense in the title of this thread. I say "rocked" because it currently doesn't rock. Why doesn't it rock anymore? Well, probably the fact that you've done one mediocre podcast in the last eight months. More evidence for the death of this site is made abundantly clear by the fact that the most bumped/visited section of the forums is a post about spammers. Why does anyone care about spammers? Well, spammers are the only people that keep this site going. It gives the hopelessly devoted something to do.

There is still plenty to talk about, and I'm growing increasingly impatient and disenchanted by your excuse of not being able to find a Christian counter. Perhaps you are busy with school and work; I am too, but that doesn't prevent me from checking this site or listening to a podcast. Either of those activities would take about as much time as actually doing a podcast would.

If you've lost your passion either pass it on or let it go with grace and stop pretending like you want to produce new material.

And for any of you who are tempted to argue with me: Stop trying to make up for your banal and boring writing style by debating a complaint I've made on a forum board asking for requests or COMPLAINTS. This is a complaint... Get it?

People who complain about the absence of something provided for free... the backbone of the internet. What would we do without them?

The last line proves that you know you're out of line. Emery owes NONE of us anything. If he never again posted a 'cast is is we who are in his debt... not him. Do you see how that works?

Silly grasshopper.
Last edited by darkumbra on Sun Feb 22, 2009 5:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
The "god experience"? I have no idea what you are talking about. This sounds like COMPLETE BULLSHIT that you are just making up. How do you define "god experience" in objective scientific terms?-Mitch - a Christian beyond compare.
darkumbra

Postby NH Baritone » Sat Feb 21, 2009 3:04 pm

Redpower wrote:Notice I used past tense in the title of this thread. I say "rocked" because it currently doesn't rock. Why doesn't it rock anymore? Well, probably the fact that you've done one mediocre podcast in the last eight months. More evidence for the death of this site is made abundantly clear by the fact that the most bumped/visited section of the forums is a post about spammers. Why does anyone care about spammers? Well, spammers are the only people that keep this site going. It gives the hopelessly devoted something to do.

Don't let the door bang you on the bunghole as you leave.
Diversity is the offspring of Liberty. Nonetheless, frightened, mainstream ideologues treat diversity like a bastard stepchild, instead of like a welcome indicator of our overall well-being.
NH Baritone

Affiliation: Agnostic Atheistic Meditator

Postby Redpower » Sat Feb 21, 2009 3:08 pm

People who complain about the absence of something provided for free... the backbone of the internet. What would we do without them?

The last line proves that you know your out of line. Emery owes NONE of us anything. If he never again posted a 'cast is is we who are in his debt... not him. Do you see how that works?

Silly grasshopper.

Wow, spoken like a complete moron.

Emery told me specifically months ago that several new podcasts were coming. Particularly podcasts with Norton.

Emery owes us updates he claims he'll make. Why would you disagree with that expectation?

No, I don't see how your last fragment of a sentence works. I gave Emery my time by listening to his podcast (something he obviously wants me to do). If Emery claims he is going to update more frequently, I visit his site more frequently.

Do you see the inequality of the exchange there?

Get some substance or make your arguments more eloquent before you complain about my complaint on a thread about complaints that was composed by Emery.

Do you see how infantile you come off? You're complaining about my complaint, rather than helping the site progress. Please do the first unselfish thing you've ever done in your life and kill yourself.

Thanks!
Last edited by Redpower on Sat Feb 21, 2009 3:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hide Your Face
Redpower
resident
resident

Postby Redpower » Sat Feb 21, 2009 3:10 pm

Wow, I'd be flabbergasted if anyone thought your were more than 14 years old.
Hide Your Face
Redpower
resident
resident

Postby whoosanightowl » Sat Feb 21, 2009 3:41 pm

Redpower wrote:
I gave Emery my time by listening to his podcast (something he obviously wants me to do). If Emery claims he is going to update more frequently, I visit his site more frequently.

Redpower,
I'm sure Emery's intentions were good when he told you this, but as we all know, real life has it's own unexpected demands on our time and plans don't always go as we hoped. If it's too inconvenient for you to be patient to wait for the next podcast, then just don't continue waiting for it! There are many other places you can spend your time if you wish, and my bet is Emery will survive if you decide to leave. I just hope you're not this rude and demanding on the people in your real life!
Alice:`There's no use trying, one can't believe impossible things.'
Queen:`...you haven't had much practice, When I was your age, I always did it for half-an-hour a day. Why, sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast.
whoosanightowl

Affiliation: X-xian, agnostic/deist

Postby NH Baritone » Sat Feb 21, 2009 4:00 pm

Redpower wrote:

Wow, I'd be flabbergasted if anyone thought your were more than 14 years old.

Don't be silly. Today's 14-year-olds don't use the word "bunghole."
Diversity is the offspring of Liberty. Nonetheless, frightened, mainstream ideologues treat diversity like a bastard stepchild, instead of like a welcome indicator of our overall well-being.
NH Baritone

Postby NH Baritone » Sat Feb 21, 2009 4:06 pm

whoosanightowl wrote:
Redpower wrote: I gave Emery my time by listening to his podcast (something he obviously wants me to do). If Emery claims he is going to update more frequently, I visit his site more frequently.

Redpower,
....I just hope you're not this rude and demanding on the people in your real life!

Sue, I actually hope that he is precisely this rude. That way he will receive appropriate & immediate reactions face-to-face, with the happy outcome that he perhaps learns to rise above behaving like an entitled whiner when someone else doesn't fill his milk cup up fast enough.

And for future reference, Redpower, when I eventually pull it together enough to produce a podcast, you are specifically invited not ever to listen.
NH Baritone

Postby darkumbra » Sun Feb 22, 2009 5:33 am

I wonder if it is possible to install an idiot filter on the internet?

I guess not, or someone would have invented it a long time ago.

A side comment on this exchange? I don't know about you folks, but I got a warm fuzzy feeling seeing how all we came to Emery's defense... not too shabby for a bunch of amoral atheists with no god given sense of right or wrong. Would anyone be willing to expound on the philosophical framework that motivated your actions? Just asking.
The "god experience"? I have no idea what you are talking about. This sounds like COMPLETE BULLSHIT that you are just making up. How do you define "god experience" in objective scientific terms?-Mitch - a Christian beyond compare.
darkumbra

Postby Emery » Sun Feb 22, 2009 7:47 pm

Hi Redpower. Sorry about the dearth of shows recently, I have put up two new shows since I wrote to you, both are on sex with Scott Barger. The latest one was posted today.

As for the show with Norton, I talked to him in December, and he wanted to do another show, but our schedules didn't match up at that time. He said that in January, he would be moving to start a church in Denver. I haven't been able to get hold of him since then, I imagine he's busy getting settled in.

It really is tough finding Christians to come on the show, that is really the challenge that prevents more shows at this point. Scott is a great co-host, so I will continue to do shows with him as much as I can. I know Tony is always game to do shows too, so I may tap him for another show.

Anyway, I often get "love to be on the show" comments from new Christians I come across, but many times they get busy, and the show doesn't happen.

In any event, I'll keep working on new guests. After Norton left as a regular, I really have enjoyed doing shows with various Christian guests. The upside is that it stays more fresh, the downside is that without regular commitment, I can't always rely on guests.

So, check out the two shows with Scott in the meantime.
They are ill discoverers that think there is no land, when they can see nothing but sea. - Sir Francis Bacon
Emery

Affiliation: Atheist

Postby Emery » Sun Feb 22, 2009 7:50 pm

Ps: actually, the shows are not about sex WITH Scott, but about sex. With Scott. :rofl:
They are ill discoverers that think there is no land, when they can see nothing but sea. - Sir Francis Bacon
Emery

Affiliation: Atheist

Postby NH Baritone » Sun Feb 22, 2009 8:06 pm

Emery wrote:Ps: actually, the shows are not about sex WITH Scott, but about sex. With Scott.

Damn! Just when things started to sound even MORE interesting. :smt103 :smt107 :smt119 :cool:
NH Baritone

Postby Rian » Mon Feb 23, 2009 3:21 pm

Redpower wrote:Please do the first unselfish thing you've ever done in your life and kill yourself.

Thanks!

And YOU complained about someone ELSE being infantile?!?
"Aurë entuluva! Auta i lómë!" ("Day shall come again! The night is passing!") -- from JRR Tolkien's The Silmarillion

Christianity is the red pill - go for it! Seek the truth, wherever it leads you.
Rian

Affiliation: Christian/truth-seeker

Postby Rian » Mon Feb 23, 2009 3:22 pm

Emery wrote:Ps: actually, the shows are not about sex WITH Scott, but about sex. With Scott. :rofl:

LOL! :lol:

Shall we get Scott's wife on and find out about sex with Scott? :D
"Aurë entuluva! Auta i lómë!" ("Day shall come again! The night is passing!") -- from JRR Tolkien's The Silmarillion

Christianity is the red pill - go for it! Seek the truth, wherever it leads you.
Rian

Affiliation: Christian/truth-seeker

Return to Requests & Complaints