tonyenglish7 wrote:I was always surprised at Mitch because he mainly attacked me for holding to a particular view and felt justified in attacking me for that, yet missing the total irony of his own very particular and specific view.
On the contrary I attacked your arguments by explaining why they did not work and you responded by attacking me with all sorts of accusations and so I followed where you decided to lead the discussion and demonstrated that yours were the quirky opinions not mine. Sure the atheists just love you, because that is the Christianity that they love to attack and paint all the rest of Christianity with as well. Hey maybe while we have you here you can confirm this. The post which they are refering was one explaining these 10 beliefs to be the reason why no commonality can be found between Christians and atheists.
MESkeptic wrote:Here are the "10 Things That Theists Believe That Will Prevent Them From Agreeing on the Other 10 Things."
1. Any common qualities between atheists and theists only prove that all men are sinners who deserve hell;
2. Any "goodness" or morality atheists have left is a holdover from before they willingly gave themselves over to destruction;
3. It would actually be unkind to atheists to pretend they can be good people, because it would only encourage atheists to believe they have hope apart from (insert a god's name here);
4. It isn't theists from whom atheists are truly estranged: it is (insert a god's name here);
5. When a Christian does something wrong, he's either been deceived by Satan or is still struggling with his sin nature, whereas a bad atheist is just displaying his true nature;
6. It mocks (insert a god's name here) to suggest there is any kind of parity between (insert religion here) and atheism;
7. It doesn't matter if atheists sincerely believe what they're saying, because they've all been deceived by their father, Satan.
8. It's a lie to say that atheism has brought the world any good, because science is an invention of Christianity (I'm not exaggerating on this; I know plenty of Christians who insist it's the case)
9. It's a GOOD thing when an atheist is offended, because their anger only proves they need to hear MORE of a god's wisdom.
10. Theists may not be able to harrass atheists out of existence, but (insert god)'s gonna wipe them off the map with one fist.
Come on, Christians... prove me wrong here. Give us good evidence that my ten things don't better describe Christian thinking than the Other 10.
So what about it Tony? Does this describe the way that you think?
tonyenglish7 wrote:So, there are laws and structures involved? Yep that is my point. not nothing....
I don't see the word "nothing" in what Equinox said. This correction you are making to what you said is good, but this doesn't change the fact that Equinox was correct and you were wrong.